Red/White Scrimmage Tickets on Sale Aug. 7th

Tickets for the 2013 Red/White Volleyball Scrimmage at the newly-renovated Bob Devaney Sports Center will go on sale on Wednesday, Aug. 7. The match is slated for 7 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 24 and will give Husker fans their first glimpse at the new home of Nebraska volleyball.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11&SPID=23&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=208888560&DB_OEM_ID=100

Each year I go to the Red/White scrimmage. Always a fun time. This year will be extra special. Any thoughts or guesses on how ticket sales will be like on the first day? The fact that we get a look at the new arena, and now that Coach Cook has added players like Jordan Larson to play, I would think that diehard Nebaska VB fans will try to snatch up tickets quickly. Or am I wrong?

Each year I go to the Red/White scrimmage. Always a fun time. This year will be extra special. Any thoughts or guesses on how ticket sales will be like on the first day? The fact that we get a look at the new arena, and now that Coach Cook has added players like Jordan Larson to play, I would think that diehard Nebaska VB fans will try to snatch up tickets quickly. Or am I wrong?

I doubt it will be a sell-out.

I doubt it will be a sell-out.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did. There is a waiting list for season tickets and I would guess a lot of people who don't have season tickets will want to go to see the revamped arena.

There has been a waiting list for tickets for years and this scrimmage never sold out at the Coliseum if my memory serves me correctly. But as you said, the new arena could be a factor. I hope you're correct!

They typically have 3/4 of the Coliseum sold out. It's a pretty full crowd - what would amount to the season's largest crowd at all but about ten schools across the nation.

With the unveiling of the newly-revamped Devaney Center as the main storyline, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this sold out. I also wouldn't be surprised if only 6,000 of the 7,000 available seats were sold.

Anyone else purchase tickets this morning? At 8am I got on the website and the best tickets I could get were in C Level. So I called the ticket office and the best tickets they offered me was B level on the end. Whats up with this? Why were the A seats not available for us to purchase this morning? This may be the only chance some of us get to see a Nebraska VB game and it was disappointing to find out that at 8am all A seats were taken.

Anyone else purchase tickets this morning? At 8am I got on the website and the best tickets I could get were in C Level. So I called the ticket office and the best tickets they offered me was B level on the end. Whats up with this? Why were the A seats not available for us to purchase this morning? This may be the only chance some of us get to see a Nebraska VB game and it was disappointing to find out that at 8am all A seats were taken.

Reminds me of Spring Game tickets. I was in line to get tickets at 8am, and the told me I couldn't get seats anywhere near the 50 yard line in Club. Then at the game, about half of those seats were empty.

Not sure what's behind this but if it's a new policy, that sucks.

Got mine. Section B12. Can't remember what row. Can't wait to see the new Devaney.

I wonder where they're going to have everyone park. They have a bunch of work to do if they're going to put us in the lot to the north. That thing is full of construction equipment and holes.

Season ticket holders were able to purchase tickets prior to today. I would guess that's where the A level tickets went.