The LINOMA Dome

Taking down South Stadium could kill revenue for a while. I am thinking that would have to be a three-year project, at least. It might even bleed into a fourth year. Plus, didn't NU put quite a bit of money into the building underneath South Stadium? I am thinking that destruction of South Stadium, while working to preserve a building underneath it, would be particularly difficult.

Actually a proposed domed stadium near Linoma was pretty far along and Conagra was going to donate a majority of the costs, in exchange for the naming rights and some other control of the venue. But Tom Osborne took it off the table when Conagra insisted it be called 'The Condome'.

:)

Taking down South Stadium could kill revenue for a while. I am thinking that would have to be a three-year project, at least. It might even bleed into a fourth year. Plus, didn't NU put quite a bit of money into the building underneath South Stadium? I am thinking that destruction of South Stadium, while working to preserve a building underneath it, would be particularly difficult.

If they could start the Husky Stadium renovation in November 2011 and be ready for the 2013 season, there is no way it would take that long for the south stadium to get redone.

If they could start the Husky Stadium renovation in November 2011 and be ready for the 2013 season, there is no way it would take that long for the south stadium to get redone.

I don't know if UW did a complete rebuild, but they were also able to play a season at Qwest/CenturyLink Field (where the Seahawks play). How would you tell all the season ticket holders in the South Stadium, that one year you won't have a seat for NU games?

• Fire 1

I don't know if UW did a complete rebuild, but they were also able to play a season at Qwest/CenturyLink Field (where the Seahawks play). How would you tell all the season ticket holders in the South Stadium, that one year you won't have a seat for NU games?

They basically did a complete stadium rebuild, so they did have to play at Centurylink last season. I bet there is a way they could do it in phases so that it would not disrupt season ticket holders.