WSJ article on how screwed up our health care system is

B) If "some Democrat somewhere" was the Presidential candidate for the party... yea, it kind of does.

So any position taken by any Presidential candidate automatically becomes the forever position of the entire party?

Andrew Jackson supported slavery. Is that still a part of the Democratic platform?

Was Andrew Jackson the 2012 Democratic Presidential candidate?

A) I'm answering the question you asked. That's not changing the subject.

I'm starting to wonder if that particular accusation is a coordinated strategy. ;)

You think someone else might be trying to change the subject?! Nooooo....

No, you didn't say anything about ObamaCare. You were basically saying "other Republicans at some point in time have supported something similar" If you'd like to talk about what Republicans have to do specifically with ObamaCare as enacted, then you wouldn't be changing the subject.

B) If "some Democrat somewhere" was the Presidential candidate for the party... yea, it kind of does.

So any position taken by any Presidential candidate automatically becomes the forever position of the entire party?

Andrew Jackson supported slavery. Is that still a part of the Democratic platform?

Was Andrew Jackson the 2012 Democratic Presidential candidate?

Ah, yes. Please keep refining down your broad generalizations until you finally get to something applicable. First it was any republican at any time supported it. Then they had to be a presidential candidate. Now they have to be a 2012 candidate. Again, you keep changing the context to avoid admitting that your original statement had no merit.

Now they have to be a 2012 candidate.

Um, that's the comparison I'm making so... yea. Romney enacted what amounts to Obamacare. Romney was the 2012 Republican presidential nominee. What does the GOP have to do with Obamacare? Well, they came up with the idea and their most recent presidential candidate enacted it first on a limited basis. Why is this so difficult to understand?

You would never let such comments go unchallenged if you disagreed with the point they were trying to make.

I'd certainly bring it up if they were trying to change the subject.

But that's a bit different from what has been thrown out there lately.

So what does the statement that some in the GOP may have supported some ideas that are also included in ObamaCare have to do with ObamaCare being severely handicapped because the GOPS "falis to understand basic logic"?

Um, that's the comparison I'm making so... yea. Romney enacted what amounts to Obamacare. Romney was the 2012 Republican presidential nominee. What does the GOP have to do with Obamacare? Well, they came up with the idea and enacted it first on a limited basis. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Why didn't you quote the rest of my post?

Um, that's the comparison I'm making so... yea. Romney enacted what amounts to Obamacare. Romney was the 2012 Republican presidential nominee. What does the GOP have to do with Obamacare? Well, they came up with the idea and enacted it first on a limited basis. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Mostly because the rest of your post has no merit or basis in reality.

You would never let such comments go unchallenged if you disagreed with the point they were trying to make.

I'd certainly bring it up if they were trying to change the subject.

But that's a bit different from what has been thrown out there lately.

So what does the statement that some in the GOP may have supported some ideas that are also included in ObamaCare have to do with ObamaCare being severely handicapped because the GOPS "falis to understand basic logic"?

Could you rephrase that? I don't understand what you're asking.

Mostly because the rest of your post has no merit or basis in reality.

Considering the rest of my post was a run-down of your posts, I'm glad you can admit that.

carlfense - I can understand your confusion. That's the train Junior has led us on:

Luke, man, you can just google Obamacare and learn all about it and what it's *supposed* to do. It's not inherently broken; however it is severely handicapped because the GOP doesn't understand basic logic. Like I said, it's step one towards a more comprehensive and effective plan. This isn't going to happen overnight.

What, exactly, does the GOP have to do with ObamaCare. I don't seem to recall any Republicans voting for it.

They definitely have voted against it. 40 times. I would think they least they could do is present an alternative. I won't even ask for a viable alternative... just any alternative would do.

They've also threatened to shut down the government if Obama doesn't defund it. Surely you can see how they are working to prevent it's successful implementation.

And what does any of that have to do with the law as passed?

You asked "What, exactly, does the GOP have to do with Obamacare?" This is what they have to do with Obamacare.

I could point out that "Obamacare" was their own idea 20 years ago before the party got pushed to the fringe right.

http://www.forbes.co...vidual-mandate/

I could also point out that the last Republican nominee for President of the United States successfully implemented "Obamacare" in Massachusetts while he was governor. And guess what... it's working there.

http://www.washingto...oJedR_blog.html

But no, the GOP has nothing at all to do with "Obamacare".

Severe sinus infection: $14 doctor visit, $10 meds

2 knee surgeries (1st for torn meniscus, 2nd for torn ACL): $0 MRI, $0 for both surgeries, $34 for pain meds and anti-inflammatories

Wife giving birth to our son: $30 for 3 different ultrasounds, $46.50 in hospital parking over 3 days.

I'm not standing up for privatized insurance or Obamacare...all I know is, this country seems to get it, as do others. I'm hardly complaining.

BUT THE WAIT TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111ONEone

• Fire 1

carlfense - I can understand your confusion. That's the train Junior has led us on:

. . . no . . . I'm looking for what you're talking about with this:

. . . ObamaCare being severely handicapped because the GOPS "falis to understand basic logic"?

I fali to see where you're quoting this from.