AVCA Division I Coaches Top 25 Poll

knapplc

Talked to Pollmiller briefly today. She didn't care that they played well at Michigan. She was just upset that they lost to Sparty. High standards being set for this team. No matches off, and youth isn't an excuse.

I had low expectations for this team with all the new blood this year, but these girls clearly have zero dropoff in their goals and expectations. They're gunning for the conference title all the way. Gotta love everything about this team, new blood or not.

• Fire 1

Talked to Pollmiller briefly today. She didn't care that they played well at Michigan. She was just upset that they lost to Sparty. High standards being set for this team. No matches off, and youth isn't an excuse.

I had low expectations for this team with all the new blood this year, but these girls clearly have zero dropoff in their goals and expectations. They're gunning for the conference title all the way. Gotta love everything about this team, new blood or not.

Not sure they DID play all that well against Michigan. Having said that, I echo your sentiments about expectations. They have far surpassed mine, not by their record, but by their play. I've said this several times over the last few weeks; no one is going to want to play this team in December. Glad to hear they've hot high expectations for themselves as well. #GBR

Without knowing what happened to the teams around us I'd say we fall minimum of two spots, possibly three. Two losses in the last two weekends, including a four-set loss at home, and we're not going to be given the benefit of the doubt like we were last week.

This conference race is still a marathon, and we're just about halfway through it. We need big energy from this team for the stretch run, and we certainly didn't have it against Purdue. We looked like we'd just gotten done playing a rough stretch (and we had) and we were ready to have an easy weekend. Purdue had other ideas, and played a near-flawless first two games, then had enough momentum to pull out game four.

Funny story about the Purdue match. Our original seats were way up in C section, in the crummy old seats. We were crammed in there pretty uncomfortably so we went up to the Standing Room section to watch the second game. Not halfway through game two, a random woman approaches us and says she has two tickets down in A section, and would we like them? So we spent the last 2 1/2 games sitting down just off the court. Really nice seats, and we really wanted to thank this woman for them, and I looked around for her when there was a break in the action, but I couldn't find her.

Dropped to #13. That's a precipitous drop, probably factoring in the Michigan State loss that they didn't penalize us for last week.

Doesn't matter, though. We can still win the conference and the rankings are pretty meaningless when you get in the tournament. Just have to keep winning at that point.

• 4 weeks later...

Totally agree. Kadie will be the horse next year, and with the other youngsters getting another season under their belt...shouldn't be too difficult to get the OH2 and RS squared away. i.e. Fien, Amber, Larson (hunch they move her to OH), Maddie Haggerty.

The last half dozen matches or so Kadie has arguably played better than Robo. Gonna be hard to replace Robo's leadership though. Someone will have to step up. I'm guessing that'll be Pollmiller. I bet if Larson gets moved, it'll be to the right side, not OH. And from what I hear, that's more likely than not.

Lastly, as good as NE should be the next several years, PSU has what many feel is the best group of freshmen ever. Not just for them, for anyone. No sure thing, but they're gonna be loaded once again.