My thoughts and Lee Barfknecht's column

np_husker

First, I think the person who leaked the audio is a coward, plain & simple. I hope he/she regrets this for years to come.

Second, I am not a fan of Bo as a coach. I feel like the program is stuck in the mud and we have seen almost no progress in the past six years. I think that alone calls for a coaching change at the end of the season.

Third, Bo is a passionate guy and wears his emotions on his sleeves, I get that and understand it. But calling out the fans should never be acceptable. Not here or at any school. I do feel bad that this came out now, there was no need for it, but never call out the fans.

Having said all of that - here is a quote from Barfknect's column. He sums up my feelings pretty good:

When my days as a sportswriter are done, one thing will stand out to me above all else.

Not covering 35 bowl games or 25 College World Series or 10 NCAA basketball tournaments, nor working in some of the cathedrals of college sports from Madison Square Garden to the Rose Bowl with Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium in between.

It will be the utter love of Nebraskans for their Cornhuskers and seeing them show up at the ends of the Earth whether morning, noon or night to cheer “Go Big Red.''

That is as close to a sacred bond as you'll find in this business. Anyone charged with preserving it who tramples on it instead will pay a price. It's up to NU Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst to determine just how high a price that is.

Link to column on omaha.com: http://www.omaha.com...-best-interests

Third, Bo is a passionate guy and wears his emotions on his sleeves, I get that and understand it. But calling out the fans should never be acceptable. Not here or at any school. I do feel bad that this came out now, there was no need for it, but never call out the fans.

So let me get this. If you were a coach at college level or above and you were losing at half time and your crowd if leaving and booing you would not be pissed one bit??

So let me get this. If you were a coach at college level or above and you were losing at half time and your crowd if leaving and booing you would not be pissed one bit??

I keep seeing this excuse over and over. Yeah, most of us might get pissed in a similar situation, and most of us have been angry at a boss or customer. But an intelligent person in a high-profile leadership position, should not say what Bo said about those customers outloud in a room where cameras and recorders were present.

I don't buy the "private room" excuse, either, he was about to record a radio show with several others present. With the kind of relationship he has built with the media, especially at that partuicular point in time, it was simply reckless and unprofessional.