I saw the same thing and IIRC, it was Zaire right after the pass interference call. He came off the field and Bo spoke with him and slapped in on the helmet. Not the previous Bo, but a new one that seemed to say "hey, its ok. This is how we fix it". Different. I hope this continues.

I noticed the same thing. In the past, you would normally see Bo getting a case of the ass with a player in a situation like that but today it was more like he was coaching them on the sideline.

south dakota state had 465 yds.....thats not good.....there are better teams coming up, and if the defense does not get better, its not good......nu, not even in the ap top 25....is that the nu everyone wants,,...bo hires high school coaches,,,,come one....and grade assisstant instantly becomes defensive cordinator...if you ask me , the coaching is lacking, and with maybe recruting too.....i live in arizona and talked to someone the other day about nu, his view on nu was- after coach osborn left, nu has not been very good....i agree......

I was someone that wanted Pelini here. Recently, I've also been super critical of him. That being said, I saw something different today in his demeanor. Perhaps it's just a coach who's gone through a very humbling week and won't mean much in the long run, but maybe just maybe he has come to grips with the fact that no matter what he thinks about how iron clad his scheme is, or how well he backs up his players....there is something wrong with his approach. The one consistent thing about his teams the past few years is they will ALWAYS commit a lot of penalties, always turn the football over, and will not play sound defense against athletic competition. The players have changed, the results have not. It is a systemic problem. I saw a ton of defensive mistakes today: missed tackles, blown coverage, linemen stuck on their blocks, etc.

I'm not going to make any predictions that this is any kind of solid indicator that change is coming, but something looked different, felt different. Whether it means that it will last into the next game, season, or if it will even matter, I don't know. What I want to believe is that he sees something. Maybe that his players are so tightly wound that they're afraid to make mistakes. Or that maybe they have so much information thrown at them on a weekly basis that their fundamentals suffer as a result. I'm not on that practice field 5 months out of the year. I have a 2000 mile view of the situation, but even I can see that something needs to change. It's not just 'execution has to get better' or 'we have some things to clean up'......it's a fundamental issue....a basic disconnect with how the coach communicates what he wants to the players, and it's something that only a head coach can change, either by adapting or allowing himself to be replaced.

Here's hoping he can press ahead with the former.

I saw the same thing and IIRC, it was Zaire right after the pass interference call. He came off the field and Bo spoke with him and slapped in on the helmet. Not the previous Bo, but a new one that seemed to say "hey, its ok. This is how we fix it". Different. I hope this continues.

Pelini did something similar with Gerry, Baptiste and Rose.....the camera showed each one.

That is encouraging to hear. Any step in the right direction is a good thing.