Coaches Poll

This takes into consideration that this staff is even capable of determining talent, remember Shawn Watson was run off because he didn't want Martinez or the offense he was having shoved on him. Get him away from this staff and AD and well...................

Considering they're paid collegiate football coaches, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. That's not to say they're incapable of making mistakes, but I take their opinion far more seriously than an anonymous poster on a random message board. They're in the practices, in the film room and on the sidelines, where as we draw conclusions from about 13 games and some interviews.

As far as Watson is concerned, I'm happy he's having success at Louisville. But, he wasn't able to do what we wanted him to do. No harm, no foul, in my book. Don't forget that we let Watson run the offense the way he wanted and as soon as we hit stiff competition and had an injured quarterback in 2009, our offense pooped their big boy pants.

Outside of 1 incredible, buzzsaw like performance on black friday, Watson's Colorado offenses were'nt what I would call juggernaut quality either. His success at Louisville can also be seen as a result of a tremendous head coach and generational type quarterback. Not a knock on Watson, but let's not annoint him the end-all, say-all on college football offense just because he's out from Bo Pelini's evil thumb..