Coaches Poll

Thats the damage from playing powder puff teams like SDSU. Our only credible opponent in our non-conference schedule was UCLA, which we failed at that game miserably (although I am liking what I am seeing over at Wyoming, they have the potential to become a top 25 team at the end of the season). I understand both schools benefit from these games (FCS vs. FBS) but it kills us when the polls look at strength of schedule, especially when we are in the B1G where all the schools seem to be lacking dominance excluding Ohio State.

Rankings don't matter at this point. Nebraska still has a legit chance to win the division. Changes need to be made ASAP. Harvey Jackson needs to be benched, Charles Jackson needs to be starting. Avery Moss needs to start over Jason Ankrah, Randle should see the bench for the rest of the season except in garbage time. I am also highly in favor of starting Tommy Armstrong for the rest of the season, IMO he's just plain better than Martinez, experienced or not.

true, but tougher non conference games likely leaves us with an 0-3 start......from there the argument about how our D has the potential to get better has no merit....not that it has a whole lot now.

You are a bucket full of optimism and sunshine.

Would Pelini being gone make you any more hopeful? Or would you continue to post this doom and gloom "reality" stuff?

Rankings don't matter at this point. Nebraska still has a legit chance to win the division. Changes need to be made ASAP. Harvey Jackson needs to be benched, Charles Jackson needs to be starting. Avery Moss needs to start over Jason Ankrah, Randle should see the bench for the rest of the season except in garbage time. I am also highly in favor of starting Tommy Armstrong for the rest of the season, IMO he's just plain better than Martinez, experienced or not.

Agree with every single one of these moves.

Oddly enough, I agree NU has a good chance to win the division. So do 2-3 others. The reality is none of the three/four teams with a shot at the legends division look very good at all. It is sad testimony of the B1G that, as average as NU is (and they are average) they have a legit shot at winning the division. The reward, were they to win, is a 4 TD beat down against OSU in the CCG.

Why are so many people willing and ready to bench Martinez? With this logic, the Turminator should have started in the Orange Bowl against Miami.

Wait, what? You're comparing Martinez and his offensive line to Frazier and Berringer and their offensive line? Or what is it you're trying to say here that because Turman performed OK against KSU somehow that translates to now?

Like many others, I too have questioned why some guys continue to start over other players on our defense. But, the coaches have shown they will bench a player if he's not performing up to expectations. Case in point - David Santos started game one. By game two, he lost his blackshirt and wasn't starting.

Randle and Ankrah may not be playing that well, but if they're starting, it stands to reason the coaches have a good explanation as to why. Those players must be doing something the coaches like, or, the players behind them aren't performing consistently enough to take the spots.

I don't disagree with your ideas, just giving an alternate way to view the situation.

Like many others, I too have questioned why some guys continue to start over other players on our defense. But, the coaches have shown they will bench a player if he's not performing up to expectations. Case in point - David Santos started game one. By game two, he lost his blackshirt and wasn't starting.

Randle and Ankrah may not be playing that well, but if they're starting, it stands to reason the coaches have a good explanation as to why. Those players must be doing something the coaches like, or, the players behind them aren't performing consistently enough to take the spots.

I don't disagree with your ideas, just giving an alternate way to view the situation.

This takes into consideration that this staff is even capable of determining talent, remember Shawn Watson was run off because he didn't want Martinez or the offense he was having shoved on him. Get him away from this staff and AD and well...................

Why are so many people willing and ready to bench Martinez? With this logic, the Turminator should have started in the Orange Bowl against Miami.

I actually know people who insisted that Berringer was getting screwed by the coaches when Frazier got his job back.

Hey, so did I.

I also knew people who didnt understand why we were wasting time with a JUCO qb Zac Taylor when we had the best hs qb in the country as a true fresham (Harrison Beck). Some people, they just make me smile.