Jack's Cancer in Remission

Jack has been an inspiration us all. 20 years ago another cancer victim made an inspirational speech at the ESPY's:

ESPY Awards Speech

On March 4, 1993, Jim Valvano was awarded the inaugural Arthur Ashe Courage and Humanitarian Award at the first annual ESPY Awards. Following is an excerpt from his acceptance speech.

I don’t know how much I have left and I have some things that I would like to say. Hopefully, at the end, I will have said something that will be important to other people too.

Now I’m fighting cancer, everybody knows that. When people say to me how do you get through life or each day, it’s the same thing. To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that’s a full day. That’s a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you’re going to have something special.

Jimmy V would die 55 days later, on 28 April, 1993. I pray that Jack lives a long and happy life and that he is able to take a minute out of every day to reread this short passage from Jimmy V's speech. God Bless Jack Hoffman.