What we do Best/Worst

Redux

5-1, Offense is churning out points, Defense is young but developing quickly. Im happy with it.

We beat 5 crappy teams and have two more on the schedule. 0-1 vs teams with a heartbeat with 4 left. November will tell the tale of this season.

ABsolutely it will. But a wins a win and ever win boosts a young squads confidence WAY more than nipicking the obvious weaknesses.

Strengths: Defensive backs, running backs and kickers.

Weaknesses: Offensive line, linebackers, defensive line and second half adjustments.

Pretty sure being tied for 1st in the nation with 3 sacks allowed is not a weakness. As for the linebackers and defensive line, they may be our biggest weaknesses right now but I don't see that being the case for too much longer. I will take this years linebackers and d-line over last years or the last couple years even, any day, they just need to keep gaining the reps and experience. We should be pretty pleased to have some of these players next year or the following year at the latest. I also think the staff is very slowly learning how to make second half adjustments. I think there is a very big learning curve to being able to make the proper adjustments, when you have little to no prior experience in this area.

So you are saying that we have bad coaches that you hope get better over time? I think I have heard just about every excuse for this coaching staff possible after that one.

As for the DL/LB's just because they are better than the pile of crap we had there last year doesn't make them good. Just average at best, but it is better than being totally worthless as they were last year. Sometimes false hope is the only hope and that is that they are young.

The OL is doing a lot better than any other time under Bo, what a difference getting Barney's worthless butt away from them does. Now we just need to get him away from the program and stop wasting over 200K a year for nothing.

Some people sure do love to put words in others mouths on this site.

No I don't think this staff is necessarily bad so much as I think they're inexperienced. Beck is fairly new to being an OC, Poopoochis still doesn't know what he's doing and Bo is still learning how to be a head coach. I think that is one of our biggest weaknesses right now as a team both from a coaching standpoint and defensive standpoint. It's what EZ alluded to a couple posts above, that we have shown at times that we can adjust in the second half but not every time like we should. I think a big reason for that is because of inexperience and lack of proper knowledge how to adjust. They seem to be learning as they go, since none of them had any experience at their respective positions prior to coming to Nebraska. I'm pretty sure you don't just learn how to make those necessary adjustments every time overnight.

In year six, Bo should know this already, so he is either not a smart man (Which I don't believe) or isn't a very good head coach. (Which I believe is the case) Beck was an OC at Kansas and Poopoochis is irrelevant as he just signals in what Bo calls. It all falls on Bo for not hiring people who's strengths cover for his weakness (recruiting, adjustments) and just hiring yes men instead. No coach is perfect, but they need to be humble enough to have people around him that complete a good coaching staff, not have the same issues that he does.

This I completely agree with. Although, Beck was not OC at Kansas, he was Passing Game Coordinator. With experienced coordinators Bo makes himself look much better as a HC. You absolutely need to have knowledgable coordinators that cover your weaknesses and it completely falls on Bo for failing to do this. Instead, he did hire a bunch of yes men but I don't think they are total idiots when it comes to the game of football, just lacking experience. I'm with you on wanting experienced coordinators and not yes men but that's what we have so they better figure it out or get out.

At least Beck seems to be figuring things out, as he is simplifying the offense somewhat. JP should eventually figure things out if he's learning from a defensive genius. Now whether or not he can last that long, remains to be seen. If they can't figure it out, Bo needs to find guys that can or they will all be gone.