So, anyone know how UNO is fairing "financially" since they cut football?

Axl_sued_me

I don't think so. I mean, I know people "cared" when it was first announced but I don't think its really all that missed.

Did the money situation live up to what Trev Alberts envisioned?

No clue but I guess it has, just because they get to score NCAA basketball cash from the tourney.

The football program, I thought, always cost money.

I have heard they ultimately do want to bring back football. But at the Div 1 level. I don't know how feasible that is, but something along the lines of the transition of getting up to D1 in basketball first makes it easy for football to follow later. I honestly have no clue how it works, just something I was told probably by someone who wanted to sound smart and is ultimately retarded.

I have heard they ultimately do want to bring back football. But at the Div 1 level. I don't know how feasible that is, but something along the lines of the transition of getting up to D1 in basketball first makes it easy for football to follow later. I honestly have no clue how it works, just something I was told probably by someone who wanted to sound smart and is ultimately retarded.

The only way I can it as making football easy to follow later is if they joined a conference that sponsored football, which is not at all in the foreseeable future. Perhaps cutting football was to save face for the program, having their football team homeless for several years would not have been good for the program, or the fans. Their only options would have been Big Sky (closest road team over 500 miles away), the Missouri Valley Football Conference (who would add much better programs if they expand), and the Pioneer League (which mandates that no players receive financial aid, essentially D3 football), and I doubt either the Big Sky or MVFC would take them, especially not during their transition.

The only way I can it as making football easy to follow later is if they joined a conference that sponsored football, which is not at all in the foreseeable future. Perhaps cutting football was to save face for the program, having their football team homeless for several years would not have been good for the program, or the fans. Their only options would have been Big Sky (closest road team over 500 miles away), the Missouri Valley Football Conference (who would add much better programs if they expand), and the Pioneer League (which mandates that no players receive financial aid, essentially D3 football), and I doubt either the Big Sky or MVFC would take them, especially not during their transition.

The Big XII might be looking to expand....