We can say Blackshirts again

RedDenver

After last week and this week we as fans can once again say "Blackshirts". The Blackshirts played tremendously last week and today, but I point to 2 specific instances that lead me to liken this defense to the defenses of old:

Holding the opponent to a field goal when the game was on the line. Both games have come down to a critical turnover late in the game giving Northwestern and Michigan the chance to put up a TD and possibly win the game. The Blckshirts turned both of them away:

NW started at the NU 7 and gained 3 yards in 3 plays before kicking the FG.

UM started at the NU 23 and also only gained 3 yards before kicking the FG.

That's the kind of defense we've always relied on in the clutch to get wins. Great job Blackshirts.

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2013/michigan/armstrong-abdullah-provide-late-game-heroics-to-beat-michigan/article_ab0bb1d8-b603-555e-82f6-86121841a593.html?mobile_touch=true

Really liked this article. It shows the players are believing in themselves and each other.

Welsterkamp hero to zero? No problem.

Oline playing out of position? Get it done.

Offense struggling? Go for 6 in 75 yds.

They're playing as a team and they're playing hard. I could even handle a loss this way. But nay, they found a way to stop the opposition and found a way to go win it.

Great quotes in the article and great chemistry.