Weight: 191

40 time: 4.44

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arizona, Texas A&M, Oklahoma

Favorites: Committed to Texas A&M

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: An all everything back that can catch and run. Can also return both kickoffs and punts, including a 101 yard return. Reese rushed for nearly a thousand yards his sophomore year and as a junior he rushed for almost 600 yards because of injury.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10% Gonna be tough to pull from UT when they offer.

• 1 month later...

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arizona, Texas A&M, Oklahoma

Favorites: Texas

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: An all everything back that can catch and run. Can also return both kickoffs and punts, including a 101 yard return. Reese rushed for nearly a thousand yards his sophomore year and as a junior he rushed for almost 600 yards because of injury.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10% Gonna be tough to pull from UT when they offer

• 2 months later...

sh#t, we lost another?....do we have a chance at any starred players?? is there something wrong with our recruiting program?? sure looks that way to me??

hunter

Nope, we have no shot at anyone this year. I've actually heard we are going to skip recruiting this year because we aren't going to get all 5 star players.

I'm confused. Was that sarcasm?

mine was, i can't speak for the others.

As fo runnings backs, I could easily see us getting a very good back this year. Not all kids look at who is in front of them and expect to play all four years without competition, some are willing to come in and work for a spot.

I expect this recruiting class to be a very good one. In the recruiting game, patientice is important.

Remember, Freeman committed early last year and we all know how that worked. I would love to see us have 5-10 recruits by now, but i would rather have all the recruits be sure of their decision rather than committ early and then change their mind.

ok, here is my heartburn.......Texas, Notre Dame, USC and a lot of the Florida schools already have some nice 4 and 5 star kids, at least a helluva start on a great class, and most of them already have talent ahead of these kids.......i am tired of the story about wait and be patient, other schools don't have to.....if we offer the same quality coaching and same opportunity then why do we have barely any top level commits? i don't buy the argument that we are only offering the best, hell some of the best are already gone....and we have none.....so, what IS the problem? we already lost a couple real good in state kids.......position or not, the excuses are getting old.........the top notch proven qbs are virtually all gone..not much competition here for that spot.......common, ask yourself why can't we get at least some of these recruits verbally interested early?? it is a fair question....

hunter

How many of the "top" recruits live in California and Florida?

How many live in Nebraska?

Nebraska has less that 2 million people, we are always going to be at a disadvantage when it comes to recruiting, some kids simply don't want to leave the beaches and girls of the coasts. On the other hand, you have kids that want to get out of Nebraska (Gunn) for some of the same reasons why others choose to stay in Florida, California, etc.

It makes it all the most impressive that Callahan is able to bring in the recruits that he is. Yes, he is targeting some of the best in the nation, are they all going to come, no, but the ones that do are coming because they want to come to Nebraska and make something special.

And I really think Niles Paul would take offense to you saying "we have none" of the top recruits right now.

Look at the states that have a lot of recruits right now (actually only one with a lot) Texas, then why don't you look at where the VAST majority of those recruits are from. They have an advantage, it's the reality of the situation, if some people can't understand that, then it's not worth explaining.

Hunter, pull the knife away from your throat, the noose, whatever you may have and come back to reality.

For the 2005 class, we didn't get out 1st commit until June 1st.

Last year, at this point we had only 2 commits, both of which are in-state kids.

Wow, so far behind pace are we?

Personally, your questions are not fair, because you're looking at what everyone else is doing, instead of what we do.

Look at Florida State and USC the last few years, they grab a couple recruits early, but the majority of theirs come in the final month before signing day. Why? Because the majority of players nationwide wait until they take a few visits to potential favorites and wait it out.

The kids that commit early to other schools are kids that you never had a shot at to begin with. If they commit this early, they had a favorite in their mind from the beginning and were just waiting for that offer.

.......so of the 19 kids who have already commited to texas and of the 11 who have commited to Kansas Sate??.....we should only have 1?? ..no knife at my throat, just beginning to wonder how we don't have virtually any kids that want to commit right away, that can't wait to come here and play?......you think all the top guys stayed in California and Florida? How about Notre Dame? alot of those kids do not live back east.....even cally has felt the doubt, just coming out today and saying that we are being more selective in the recruiting process.......sounds good, but i am willing to bet this class falls off in overall talent.....we will probably need a great season to attract good players available next year........and we are surprisingly seeing a lot of guys leave.....has that been a trademark of NU teams over the years? i am a big supporter of the program, but the lack of virtually any success early in the recruiting program is not encouraging...hard to argue against that!

hunter