Time for a new coach

BIG ERN

So 40 other teams have Osborne and Bryant as their coaches? I think you are missing the point here. I am saying what Pelini has done isn't that impressive. I am not asking the next coach to rattle off 2 straight championships here.

Yeah, but you're still not presenting a realistic option to be Bo's replacement. The Petersen/Briles/Fitzgerald/Frost argument has been done to death, and none of them are reasonable choices...

I didn't know we were now a poop bath of a university. We aren't asking to go grab Nick Saban here folks... Petersen, Franklin, Tressel, Fitz, Frost, DeRuyter or whoever are all people who we have a good chance at getting if pursued. Not lock and sealed by any means, but a damn good chance.

Maybe we should be...................

57 wins in six years 9.5 wins per year a honest run program, high graduation rate, no serious off field issues with players, removed coaches who had bad off field issues.

Not sure if we had more first string injuries then any other BCS team but we still won 8 and the only blow out was UCLA. The team never quit unlike it's fans, as a fan base we helped let the news media fuel the fire which in turn, helps recruiting exactly what the sports media wants a failed UNL team.

BO needs to get a handle on turn overs, penalties, punting game and we would be off to the races. He needs one more year in my opinion

Same story for 6 years, what makes you think this would be the offseason that he would finally get this stuff fixed, at some point he is who he is.

-41 Turnover Margin agains BCS AQ schools

And why would a team show self control with penalties when the coach exhibits none.

First post, life-long Husker fan.

Up until yesterday, I was a Bo supporter - loved his fire and enthusiasm - but yesterday was just too much. At this point, the injuries, record, conference championship games and bowl records do not matter to me. Our head coach almost hit the ref with his hat, then calls it a chicken-sh*t call in the post game presser?!? I didn't realize until then he was delusional.

"It was a chicken-sh*t call" - No, it wasn't; and I wouldn't have argued if they would've thrown you out of the game.

"I've done worse" - No, you haven't. You might have said worse, but you came within inches of hitting the ref with your hat.

"I saw Kirk Ferentz over on the other side acting a lot worse than I act" - No, he didn't almost hit the ref with his hat.

Yesterday was the final straw for me, to be completely unapologetic and defend his behavior is not what I want in a HC. Time to cut ties, and start looking.

• Fire 1

57 wins in six years 9.5 wins per year a honest run program, high graduation rate, no serious off field issues with players, removed coaches who had bad off field issues.

Not sure if we had more first string injuries then any other BCS team but we still won 8 and the only blow out was UCLA. The team never quit unlike it's fans, as a fan base we helped let the news media fuel the fire which in turn, helps recruiting exactly what the sports media wants a failed UNL team.

BO needs to get a handle on turn overs, penalties, punting game and we would be off to the races. He needs one more year in my opinion

Same story for 6 years, what makes you think this would be the offseason that he would finally get this stuff fixed, at some point he is who he is.

-41 Turnover Margin agains BCS AQ schools

And why would a team show self control with penalties when the coach exhibits none.

Your point is well taken but he does not get a full pardon for his actions or for statements made after the game.

I'm sure the AD will address those in his view and discuss ways to make improvements possible new coaches, controls he must adhere too . His record from a management point of view he maybe meeting his requirements a little fine tuning is all that is required. No the best is one more year with AD controls and goals which must be obtained.

The problem with this year is we could have easily been 5-7 or 6-6 and evidently that is good enough to be our coach. He has not gotten any better while he has been here. And its still ok to look and act like an ahole on the sidelines and in your press conference. He does not fit in here and its not getting any better....i fear for our program in the future. Welcome to mediocracy Nebraska

Yeah, we're going to have people busting down the door. If I were a strong coach, doing well where I was at, I'd LOVE to move here and tangle with this media where a loss isn't just a loss- It's an open door to rampant, repeated speculation in post-game pressers about whether you will work here any more.

How long would this tone be fun for you?

"Should you be here coach? Do you feel you've proven yourself to Husker Nation adequately after this devastating loss to XXXX?"