Who will ne our next commit and WHEN?!?!

things are starting to worry me... we really dont have a prospect that everyone is talking about and waiting to commit we just have some that are thinking about coming but not??

what players can we see commiting soon and who will it be.

:blink:

give me some names and how likely will it be to put on the RED

hello, I believe that thenarse will be the next to verbal to NU - but will he qualify?

williams should be near a decision b/w his top 3 of in, mn & NU - there is a good chance that he could be N

wallace's decision will come on jan 7th, & walton's decision should follow that

hancock will decide after his last 2 visits to gt 1/6, & tn 1/13

wilson will be visiting fl on 1/20, & tn on 1/27 - he may be the next to verbal else where

davis has set a visit to wv on 1/13, & to tn, also - in feb he will verbal

most likely visitors to NU are:

jimmy smith - cb colton

deas - 1/9 (ga 1/27, au 1/13, & lsu 1/21)

w henry - 1/13 (will also visit tt)

o.k. chance of visiting are (3 guys who are generating the most buzz):

ira lee keys - soso, ms 6'2", 240, 4.8, de/dt, 99 tackles & 19 sacks in '05 - high on s miss

garrett green - has only visited harvard thus far (12/16)

greg mcelroy - tt commit

p.s. I hope that this helps

This year has been more about filling specific needs than going out and getting a big name IMO. We only have a few schollies left, need to use em wisely.

He's not a horribly big name, but I hope when it is all said and done that Kenny Wilson ends up a Husker. The guy looks very physical and in shape so he can come in and compete for a position next year.

Well...Niles Paul (Possible top 100 wr/s, Omaha North HS) committed, but he is for our 2007 class. As for this class, my best guess (which probably isn't very good and is only based on what i piece together) would be that Charles Deas and Ricky Thenarse are ours to lose. Deas may commit this weekend on his visit (I think its this weekend). However, I have heard rumors one or both of these guys may not qualify. Deas skipped his entire senior year of football to focus on his grades. Also, AJ Wallace looks to be a long shot, but with him who knows. Safety Greg Davis and several new QB prospects remain on the radar for Nebraska now. Danzell Isaac also looks like a probable commit.

I don't think that Paulo is making a visit anymore. He has eliminated us from contention, at least according to Scout. This could be due to the Isaac situation and the already crowded linebacker spots.

Ron Paulo

Also, AJ Wallace has also officially eliminated us. What was a longshot is now a no shot.

AJ Wallace

Now it looks like Deas, Thenarse or Will Henry. Henry doesn't appear to have an offer from us yet, but most likely will get one during his visit (1/13).

Will Henry

Wallace has NOT eliminated us, he has said as much. However, it is a longshot at best to say he is coming, unless he pulls a Freeman or Boateng type switch.

Also, we are not done recruiting LB's. Issac is a longshot at best as well at making it into Lincoln. He can commit if he wants, but his grades will not let him make it unless a miracle happens.

I also know we are looking at a few sleeper LB's with greyshirt offers. So we're not done recruiting LB's yet.

Wallace has NOT eliminated us, he has said as much. However, it is a longshot at best to say he is coming, unless he pulls a Freeman or Boateng type switch.

Also, we are not done recruiting LB's. Issac is a longshot at best as well at making it into Lincoln. He can commit if he wants, but his grades will not let him make it unless a miracle happens.

I also know we are looking at a few sleeper LB's with greyshirt offers. So we're not done recruiting LB's yet.

Ok, officially, unofficially, whatever...AJ Wallace isn't coming to Nebraska in my opinion. Scout supports me in that it now shows us as low interest along with Florida State. I could be wrong but I think he has eliminated us. As for the linebackers, I never said we were done recruiting them. I just said Ron Paulo isn't coming. What other "sleepers" are we in on? LB should be the least of this staffs worries right now, with the young depth we have at that position.

Scout can report we are out of it if they wish, but the words that have came out of Wallace's mouth are saying different. Nebraska is a longshot, but the words he said himself is that Nebraska is NOT eliminated. This just as of yesterday.

Right now though, off the top of my head, Nebraska has greyshirt offers to Paul Homer, Scott Bayer and one that will be going out to Millage Peaks. I'm sure their may be more, but I would have to look at Rivals to be sure.

hello, I am shocked to read that jimmy smith just committed to wash st!!??

well, there goes that idea of asking him to visit NU, & he was a very likely candidate to do so

it's not listed on rivals yet, do you have a scout membership? If it's true, that sucks.