Wyoming hires Craig Bohl

Bohl has already failed at this level, and was replaced by Bo. Why would we want to hire him at this time. If he takes Wyoming to conference championship levels, then possibly, but not really what I would be looking for. I think a good guy, buy who knows if he would even want to come back. I think we really missed on an opportunity on Peterson, but the AD knows better than me. I will support Bo through this year. See no reason to worry about other coaches at this time.

You realize there can be a huge difference between being a coordinator and a head coach right? Some guys are better at one job than they are at the other, and I'm pretty sure he does not call the defense. He was a mediocre coordinator, and at least at the FCS level he has proven to be a superior head coach. Just as Kansas State.

Didn't see this anywhere else. Thoughts?

I dont think we could have done any better, and truthfully thought we were going to do much worse. His first season is going to be a meat grinder though with visits to Oregon and Michigan State.

I agree that this is a great hire for Wyoming. I called in the middle of the season for us to hire Bohl, but burnt bridges would never let that happen even if the AD thought he was qualified. Never thought Wyoming would be the job that got Bohl away from NDSU, always thought it would be a lower tier BCS program if anything.

• 2 years later...