You are on the Playoff Selection Committee....

I would say Bama is still a better team than Auburn and if it was played again 10 times I think Bama wins nine of them. However, they lost and didn't win their conference title. Baylor and Michigan State are both one loss but conference champions. They get the nod.

There is no way in hell I would vote for someone who didn't win their conference to be in a 4 team playoff.

Well this makes you pretty hard-headed and ignorant

The Alabama-Baylor argument is a little bit interesting. For comparison, Baylor's best win per Sagarin is Oklahoma at #24. Alabama's best win is 17 LSU (also 22 aTm). Each of their losses were on the road to very similar-strength teams; however Baylor's was a total blowout whereas Bama's was a really fluky loss - they probably only lose that game 15% of the time or something. alabama also has the #45 SOS compared to Baylor at 60. So congrats to Baylor for getting OU to beat Okie State and luckboxing a conference title and all, but Bama is the better team and more deserving (although not by a gigantic margin)

And they are all interesting questions, but SOS needs to be incorporated. I think Bama was about 40 and Baylor 60;

I don't know how it is measured but here are some comparisons:

Alabama opponent record: 75-71

Baylor opponent record: 75-68

Alabama record vs Non FCS opponents:67-55

Baylor vs Non FCS opponents: 70-62

Alabama Wins vs teams with winning records: 7 (1 FCS)

Baylor wins vs teams with winning records: 6 (All FBS)

Alabama record vs teams with double digit wins: 0-1

Baylor record vs teams with double digit wins: 1-1

Alabama vs teams in BCS bowl games: 0-1

Baylor vs teams in BCS bowl games: 1-0

• Fire 1

And they are all interesting questions, but SOS needs to be incorporated. I think Bama was about 40 and Baylor 60;

okay rather than cherry-picking arbitrary benchmarks

SAGARIN STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE

ALABAMA: 45

BAYLOR: 60

SINCE BOLD IS NECESSARY I GUESS

I mean this sh#t

tries to directly compare Auburn with Oklahoma lol. Not to mention a home game vs. OU vs a road game at Auburn...that's a difference of like 12 points on a spread

okay rather than cherry-picking arbitrary benchmarks

SAGARIN STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE

ALABAMA: 45

BAYLOR: 60

SINCE BOLD IS NECESSARY I GUESS

1.95 points separates #45 and #60. Talk about cherry picking

I would say Bama is still a better team than Auburn and if it was played again 10 times I think Bama wins nine of them. However, they lost and didn't win their conference title. Baylor and Michigan State are both one loss but conference champions. They get the nod.

There is no way in hell I would vote for someone who didn't win their conference to be in a 4 team playoff.

Wow....I understand the "hard-headed".....but "ignorant"? Really?

I'm "ignorant" if I think you have to win your conference to win an NC? Didn't realize that was such a radical idea.

Wow....I understand the "hard-headed".....but ignorant? Really?

I'm "ignorant" if I think you have to win your conference to win an NC? Didn't realize that was such a radical idea.

It became radical when he BCS allowed Alabama to do it a couple of years ago. And Nebraska and Oklahoma before that.

I mean this sh#t

tries to directly compare Auburn with Oklahoma lol. Not to mention a home game vs. OU vs a road game at Auburn...that's a difference of like 12 points on a spread

I didn't realize that the Sagarin ratings took Vegas odds into account

Wow....I understand the "hard-headed".....but ignorant? Really?

It became radical when he BCS allowed Alabama to do it a couple of years ago. And Nebraska and Oklahoma before that.

This is one main reason why I'm not going to miss the BCS. I really hope the playoff committee next year does a good job of putting in the four teams that deserve to be there the most. I think it would be nice if one of the criteria would be that they had to win their conference. That might not be a good thing if one conference is really down one year and a team wins their conference with an 8-4 record though.

This is one main reason why I'm not going to miss the BCS. I really hope the playoff committee next year does a good job of putting in the four teams that deserve to be there the most. I think it would be nice if one of the criteria would be that they had to win their conference. That might not be a good thing if one conference is really down one year and a team wins their conference with an 8-4 record though.

I'm pretty sure there would be 4 other more deserving conference champions.

I think there is supposed to be a "preference" for conference champs, but not a requirement.

I would maybe be OK with that if it is a STRONG preference. Meaning, if there really isn't any feasible other option that makes sense.

And, I don't mean if there are two teams that are 12-1 and one is a conference champion and the other one isn't but some people think they pass the "eyeball" test more

"Eyeball" test.....what a friggen joke.