Does AA go pro or not?

If he is only being projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick, I think he stays.

RBs just don't get drafted in the top of the first round anymore. The special ones maybe but it's a very devalued position as far as round one goes.

I think that they only last 3-4 years normally has a huge impact on where they are drafted at now. Most of your 1st rounders are positions where they can play 5+ years.

I can't see any chance he goes pro this year based on draft projections I've seen.

No HB's are projected to be first round worthy.

No HB's under 200lbs are projected to go in the first 5 rounds.

2 RB's he's comparable to - James White from Wisky and D'Anthony Thomas from Oregon (bot also in the 5'9 190 range) were projected 6th round picks at best. Ameer at best right now is in the mid-low 20's for the HB position in this class.. 6th/7th round area and likely is ranked in the low 30's and is a projected UFA.

If he stays one more year, comes in with a playing weight in the 205 range and has a comparable or better season than the one he just had he can climb into the top 5 at HB in that class and be a late 2nd early 3rd round guy... with an outside shot he could get someone to bite even earlier if he excels beyond what some of the other guys at the top of the class do as 2015 doesn't appear to be big back heavy (2014 is very big back heavy).. which of course pushes the guys Ameer's size up the board a bit.

Just staying the one more year and keeping up his work in the weightroom SHOULD raise him from late pick/UFA to 4th round lock with potential to rise.

RB value in the NFL is pretty low right now due to short life span and utilization. It's a QB league more than ever. There's just not as much emphasis on the RB position in the NFL as there used to be. This is why I think he stays. He's a smart guy. He's gonna get the degree first and foremost. Even if he does get "injured", what are the chances it's career ending. His ethic and ability will still land him somewhere.