Was Nate Gerry moved back to safety?

A lot of posters seem to believe he is a better fit at safety (including me). Especially so considering our experience and roster inequities at LB vs Safety.

I wonder what the coaches are seeing differently to prevent it thus far.........?

As Shark mentioned it above, Gerry saw PT at LB early in the year against spread offenses. The LB situation was a complete mess early in the year. It wasn't settled until the conference season started and Michael Rose stepped up to be the MLB (although he struggles in the pass game). Santos is a good fit at Buck LB, and Zaire stepped in at WLB (after struggling with injuries the first half of the year).

Totally agree and a multitude of posters have eloquently narrated that..................my question pertains to "now"; and why the coaches haven't yet made the move........

A lot of posters seem to believe he is a better fit at safety (including me). Especially so considering our experience and roster inequities at LB vs Safety.

I wonder what the coaches are seeing differently to prevent it thus far.........?

As Shark mentioned it above, Gerry saw PT at LB early in the year against spread offenses. The LB situation was a complete mess early in the year. It wasn't settled until the conference season started and Michael Rose stepped up to be the MLB (although he struggles in the pass game). Santos is a good fit at Buck LB, and Zaire stepped in at WLB (after struggling with injuries the first half of the year).

Totally agree and a multitude of posters have eloquently narrated that..................my question pertains to "now"; and why the coaches haven't yet made the move........

I would say that the season just ended 9 days ago, and they haven't started Spring practice yet. Once the coaches had Gerry at LB for this season, they didn't want to confuse him by moving him back to safety mid-season.