Having current recruits, help recruit for you.

With Twitter being as prevalent as it is now, I have noticed a lot more of open recruiting by current recruits on guys who are targets.

a few questions I want to bring up:

Do you think this truly makes a difference when one guy tweets at another guy to get him to join, or is it more white noise?

Has this always been big, or is this just getting more noticed because it is more public on Twitter?

Does this eventually become like current players recruiting guys where it is a no-no?

Do you think coaches mention that a current recruit should do this(obviously it would be a violation... but what coach doesnt break a few rules)?

Obviously we have seen what it can do to help you when you recruit someone whose sibling might be able to join them... But do you think we agree to recruit kids just to get one of their teammates?

Finally.. Does it bug you at all when players who havent signed on the dotted line outwardly insult a school--ala the Missouri QB ripping on Nebraska the other day?

Lots of questions---not a ton of information-- but curious what peoples thoughts are on this.

Kids today don't know how to talk to each other anymore. Pelini said it himself. I remember that he said if he could tweet the correct defense in to the game to the players they would get it down faster.

Back in the "old days" these kids would have emailed or called each other to talk. Some may still do that but Twitter is their preferred form of communication. So I say yes. It does help.

Mosley recently solidified his commitment. He said in addition to a strong connection to Bo and finding Warren to be the type of coach he could play for, that he has a strong community with the other 2014 commits. He says he is in a texting group that talks daily and keeps each other excited about next year. Definite value in peer recruiting right there.