The Tyranny of Executive Orders

I like charts like these.

In my opinion, the executive order isn't what scares me about Obama, or any president for that matter. It's the threat of one, or even the promotion of using one. While it's cute that his staff tweets out pictures of a pen (ZOMG! Could this pen be used to sign an order. POSSIBLY), I'm amazed this works.

Any intelligent person knew the stats about how little they're used now anyway, and how limited they are. How Obama, or anyone gets credit for basically talking is insane.

Something I guess I've never paid attention to before, but after looking at that chart, it's amazing how many of our presidents are named after highways. Their parents all must have traveled a lot.

Or they just all really like the high school where they met.

I like charts like these.

In my opinion, the executive order isn't what scares me about Obama, or any president for that matter. It's the threat of one, or even the promotion of using one. While it's cute that his staff tweets out pictures of a pen (ZOMG! Could this pen be used to sign an order. POSSIBLY), I'm amazed this works.

Any intelligent person knew the stats about how little they're used now anyway, and how limited they are. How Obama, or anyone gets credit for basically talking is insane.

I think that this is sort of the point. The threat of using executive orders or the discussion of the possibility can drive a news cycle. The bully pulpit is arguably one of the greatest presidential powers.

LOL @ that chart. How is OBAMA below BUSH II ?! G.W's bar is actually 1 pixel less and should be below Obama.

This chart must have been put out by the White House as an approved media resource for citizen consumption.

Here's the most current numbers that I've seen:

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

Looks like W. had more in his first term than Obama did in his. We'll see where it ends up by the end of Obama's second term (if the US survives).