Nye vs. Ham

5.jpg

That right there is a shocking display of ignorance. In every science class or engineering course I've had it's pretty much understood that all theories and laws come from testable, observable, and repeatable results. The latter being the most important for anyone to take you credibly.

That right there is a shocking display of ignorance. In every science class or engineering course I've had it's pretty much understood that all theories and laws come from testable, observable, and repeatable results. The latter being the most important for anyone to take you credibly.

The difference is that you've had science classes and engineering courses.

The people who willfully misinterpret/misrepresent the meaning of the word theory probably have significantly less exposure to those things.

The difference is that you've had science classes and engineering courses.

The people who willfully misinterpret/misrepresent the meaning of the word theory probably have significantly less exposure to those things.

Everyone should have been exposed to those tenets at some point in public or private education though. If they weren't then that is a gross failure on their educational system. If they were and ignored them, then that is really disheartening. I guess it's just one of those things I am never going to understand. I would figure someone with even the most rudimentary understanding of science would grasp the concept that it's more than just some "theory" a guy proposed.

I feel like an old man now, but I'm truly worried about the future of our society with things like this and the crap that's going on with text books in Tejas.

Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.

Isaac Asimov

Well to be fair didn't the guys that discovered the helix for DNA come up with the idea while on LSD?

I've actually met Watson, but that didn't come up in the conversation.

Unrelated Watson story: the dude is crazy racist.

Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.

Isaac Asimov

Well to be fair didn't the guys that discovered the helix for DNA come up with the idea while on LSD?

I've actually met Watson, but that didn't come up in the conversation.

Unrelated Watson story: the dude is crazy racist.

Yeah Shawn Watson is a real bag of dicks.