Coz and Elmo- Back again

they may have been blowouts, but I wouldn't look too much into the score. Yea the Mizzou and KU losses hurt, but its how we rebound and learn from mistakes. Remember, these KIDS, have had countless defensive coaches in the past 3-4 years, so once we have a steady coaching staff that doesn't leave, these KIDS will perform week in, week out. I am not saying that they lost cause they dont like Coz, it's just that we gotta look at all the facts. The past 3 games are HUGE for the program. It is going to set a standard for years to come. I think we are at the point where we have no where to go but up. Thanks for staying 'Coz

Cool stats. Now compare those to the 2003 team.

Why can't Callahan get a break?

Maybe because the team still isnt as good as it was prior to him being hired.

Hey former fan did you notice in 2003 when we played any one with a winning record we got our asses handed to us :bang You just don't get it do ya.We beat one team with a winning record and it was the first game of the season where we invited 400 ex huskers back and I'm glad we caught okie state early.Every team with a winning record wrecked us.It doesn't make me happy to say but it's the truth.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:worship:worship:horns2:horns2

Thank You

Hey former fan did you notice in 2003 when we played any one with a winning record we got our asses handed to us :bang You just don't get it do ya.We beat one team with a winning record and it was the first game of the season where we invited 400 ex huskers back and I'm glad we caught okie state early.Every team with a winning record wrecked us.It doesn't make me happy to say but it's the truth.

10-3 is better than getting beat by 60 points, going 5-6, and getting dominated by KU, however.

Former Fan: No, it is not better because keeping the status quo may look good for the short term, but will not enable the program to ever return to the championship caliber and sustain it. To do that, vision is needed and that is what Perlman and Pederson have. They saw the writing on the wall, that short term success can be blinding and would allow the program to degenerate over the long term. The 5-6 season is not unto itself any measure of the future, but rather a necessary rebound result of resurrecting the success of the team. We absolutely had to go through that to achieve success later.

This is not new in history. It's the forward looking visionary who truly understands it, however. You will come to understand it, hopefully, in the years to come!

10-3 is better than getting beat by 60 points, going 5-6, and getting dominated by KU, however.

Dude, you crack me up. You claim you are all about "REALSTIC" views, yet you can't even grasp the fact NU was 10-3 because they beat the following teams in 2003

FACT:

W Oklahoma St: 9-4 (Bowl Eligible)

W Utah State 3-9 (Not Bowl Eligible)

W Penn State 3-9 (Not Bowl Eligible)

W S. Mississippi 9-4 (Bowl Eligible)

W Troy State 6-6 (Not Bowl Eligible because they played a DIV-AA team)

L Missouri 8-5 (Bowl Eligible) -Blowout loss

W Texas A&M 4-8 (Not bowl Eligible)

W Iowa State 2-10 (Not Bowl Eligible)

L Texas 10-3 (Bowl Eligible) -Blowout loss

W Kansas 6-7 (Bowl Eligible but losing season)

L Kansas State 11-4 (Bowl Eligible) -Blowout loss

W Colorado (Not bowl Eligible)

W Michigan St 8-5 (Bowl Eligible)

FACT = 6 of the 10 wins were against teams that did not make a bowl game that year, and 7 of 10 were against teams with losing seasons. When you win 7 of 10 games against teams with losing seasons, that's not something to brag about.

FACT = NU 2003 lost games in a blowout and was outscored 40-110 in those 3 losses (70 point outscored). NU 2004 lost 70-10 (60 point difference). Notice anything Similiar? Callahan lost his in 1 game, Solich lost his in 3 games. Callahan can look back at 1 ugly blowout. Solich's is 3 ugly blowouts "just that season alone".

FACT = Had Solich not played McNeese St that year to give NU 13 regular season games, NU would not have made a bowl game that year.

######: You have presented the case most definitively! This presentation illustrates exactly why I was crying for Solich's firing. Watching those blow-outs told me one thing; this would never be a championship team if Solich stayed.

I really hope he cleans up his personal act and stays at Ohio U. He, I believe, is a good person and a reasonably good coach. Unfortunately for him, he was in over his head here.

Dude, you crack me up. You claim you are all about "REALSTIC" views, yet you can't even grasp the fact NU was 10-3 because they beat the following teams in 2003

FACT:

W Oklahoma St: 9-4 (Bowl Eligible)

W Utah State 3-9 (Not Bowl Eligible)

W Penn State 3-9 (Not Bowl Eligible)

W S. Mississippi 9-4 (Bowl Eligible)

W Troy State 6-6 (Not Bowl Eligible because they played a DIV-AA team)    

L  Missouri 8-5 (Bowl Eligible) -Blowout loss

W Texas A&M 4-8 (Not bowl Eligible)      

W Iowa State 2-10 (Not Bowl Eligible)

L  Texas  10-3 (Bowl Eligible) -Blowout loss        

W Kansas 6-7 (Bowl Eligible but losing season)         

L Kansas State 11-4 (Bowl Eligible) -Blowout loss

W Colorado (Not bowl Eligible)

W Michigan St 8-5 (Bowl Eligible)

Dude, do you even think before you post??? :wacko: (<---rhetorical question)

I have never said that the 2003 team played a great schedule, but it is very similar to the last 2 years in terms of quality of competition.

Lets go ahead and dispell some of the common nameless :dumdumfacts (a-hem)

FACT = 6 of the 10 wins were against teams that did not make a bowl game that year, and 7 of 10 were against teams with losing seasons. When you win 7 of  10 games against teams with losing seasons, that's not something to brag about

Lets see-U St, PSU, A&M, ISU, KU, CU (5-7??) were losses, that would be SIX teams w/ losing seasons. Troy St was 6-6, which is .500, (let me slow down for you), is not a losing season, while not a winning season either. :thumbs

"nameless :dumdum fact" #1-disproved.

FACT = NU 2003 lost games in a blowout and was outscored 40-110 in those 3 losses (70 point outscored). NU 2004 lost 70-10 (60 point difference). Notice anything Similiar? Callahan lost his in 1 game, Solich lost his in 3 games. Callahan can look back at 1 ugly blowout. Solich's is 3 ugly blowouts "just that season alone".

Its obvious that that those 3 losses by Solichs team were bad losses. But if you want to cherry pick, lets do that..... <_<

NU 2004- 10-70 v Tech, 3-30 v OU, 21-45 v K St. Lets see, that would be 34-145 (111 points outscored) for billy c, and 40-110 (70 points outscored) for FS, hmmmmm, 3 ugly, bad blowouts for each.

And lets put that into perspective, all three by FS were to bowl teams, particularly KSU in 03 who was the Big 12 Champ. But in 04, KSt was 4-7, yet still beat NU badly.

"nameless :dumdum fact" #2-disproved.

FACT = Had Solich not played McNeese St that year to give NU 13 regular season games, NU would not have made a bowl game that year.

Fact, look at the schedule, again. NU DID NOT PLAY McNeese St in 2003. The schedule is right here, in this post and was supplied by yourself. :blink:

"nameless :dumdum fact" #3-disproved. Strike 3, you're out :thumbs!!!!

No wonder why everyone questions your credibility with "facts" like this that you normally present. :wacko:

Cue up the band, and start talking in circles nameless (like normal).

Dude, do you even think before you post???

More then you post before you think :dumdum

I have never said that the 2003 team played a great schedule, but it is very similar to the last 2 years in terms of quality of competition

quality of competition? :rollin You mean like Iowa St which was co-north division champ last year and has been 1 game away from playing in 2 consecutive Big12 title games? Remind me again how many times ISU actually was that close to playing in the Big12 title game under Solich. Did you mean like OU which has been to 2 of the last 3 National title games? Like KSU who won the Big12 title in 2003? Like Kansas who has made a bowl game 2 of the last 3 years? Like Texas Tech who actually beat Oklahoma and played it to the wire with a highly ranked Alabama team in the bowl game. If you actually think the quality of competition in the Big12 hasn't gotton better since Solich left, you seriously are dillusional and don't even watch college football. Texas needed a phanton pass interference call to beat Texas last year. Let me repeat that..TEXAS the ALL MIGHTY needed a phantom call to beat KANSAS. Not Oklahoma or USC, or LSU, BUT Kansas.

Kansas and Iowa St aren't the same teams that your daddy's Huskers use to blow out 63-7. 54-2, 70-0 anymore on a consistant basis. They actually have a (gulp) offense. Similiar in terms of competition :dumdum

Lets see-U St, PSU, A&M, ISU, KU, CU (5-7??) were losses, that would be SIX teams w/ losing seasons. Troy St was 6-6, which is .500, (let me slow down for you), is not a losing season, while not a winning season either

You are such a manipulator and you lack reading skills. Read what i said.

6 of the 10 wins were against teams that did not make a bowl game that year

Utah State 3-9 (Not Bowl Eligible)

Penn State 3-9 (Not Bowl Eligible)

Texas A&M 4-8 (Not bowl Eligible)

Iowa State 2-10 (Not Bowl Eligible)

Colorado 5-6 (Not bowl Eligible)

Troy State 6-6<----DID NOT MAKE A BOWL

I will let you do the math how many teams that is.

Troy St was 6-6, which is .500, (let me slow down for you), is not a losing season, while not a winning season either

You sure about that? Go ask any recruit if a 6-6 season without a bowl game at the end of the season is a losing season or not. Bowl games are a REWARD for teams with WINNING records. You can sit there and twist it anyway you want, but if the NCAA says its a losing season because you finished 5-6 against DIV-A teams, then it's a losing season and that's why they were not given a bowl. I wonder if Solich uses that technique to recruit at Ohio

"Oh hey, we could go 6-6 and not end up in a bowl, it's not a losing season, so what do you say..are you ready to sign with Ohio and give us your LOI" :rollin:rollin

Again..7 wins against teams with losing seasons. Period

NU 2004- 10-70 v Tech, 3-30 v OU, 21-45 v K St. Lets see, that would be 34-145 (111 points outscored) for billy c, and 40-110 (70 points outscored) for FS, hmmmmm, 3 ugly, bad blowouts for each

One thing you failed to mention (well it's more then 1 but i am being kind to you). All 3 of those were ON the road, in a offense still being born, that had no legs and wasn't even crawling yet, with someone elses players which includes an inexperienced and first year QB starter, and one of which was the 2003 Big12 champ, the other against a team that played in the national title game that year versus an offense that had been established for over 2, 3 decades. It's one thing to get blown out, it's another to get blown out at home and your fans leave in the middle of the third quarter. How many fans have left a HUSKER GAME in the middle of the third quarter again under Callahan at home? Help me out with that, i am sure you have it memorized. :rollin

Fact, look at the schedule, again. NU DID NOT PLAY McNeese St in 2003. The schedule is right here, in this post and was supplied by yourself

Although my reference was for 2002 and Solich being 1 loss away from not being bowl eligible like Callahan who was 1 win away from being bowl eligible last year, it shouldn't have been there, that's my bad, so i will give you that. I won't deny i am human and like any human make mistakes. I think the reason i typed it in was because i knew you were going to counter with the troy st thing (what a suprise) and you did.

No wonder why everyone questions your credibility with "facts" like this that you normally present.

Could care less if anyone questions my credibility or not. I am not here to win a popularity award, i am here to discuss football in a professional manner. At the end of the day, when i shut my PC off and go to sleep, i don't sit there and think "oh god, Formerfan doesn't think i have credibility, what shall i do about that". What matters though is that everyone laughs at you and your negativitiy. THAT is something you can't deny and keeps you up all night twisting and turning trying to figure out new ways to piss people off