DT Kevin Williams Eager to be Back in the Mix

"It's even better. It's even better," Williams said after Wednesday's practice. "The only bad thing is, it's like giving a dog a piece of meat, though. You don't get the whole thing, you know. They're giving me a little bit. It's like, 'All right, I want the whole thing. Let's go.' But I understand patience and in time it will come."

Williams said he feels like he's on the verge of being fully available to go through all the team drills, but is respecting whatever the trainers and coaches say. It's understood spring is a time when a certain level of caution is advised.

The 6-foot-2, 275-pound junior likely would have been one of Nebraska's starting defensive tackles on opening day last year, only to suffer the season-ending setback in fall camp.

LJS

Would be nice for him to get healthy and add some depth.

That's the thing that stinks, it like once there's this type of injury it seems the odds of re injury go way up. Those in the know, do athletes who have faced these types of injuries have a greater chance of re injury or is the body part stronger than ever from rehab thus the odds of an injury somewhere else due to over compensation?

When this young man got minutes early on a couple years ago he looked to be really promising. If he is again healthy and, as the article suggests, he is hungry and wanting to play badly... well that can only mean good things for NU. When we think of DT names like Valentine and Curry tend to get most of the attention... but Williams may be right there with them come season's opening... and that would be great.

That's the thing that stinks, it like once there's this type of injury it seems the odds of re injury go way up. Those in the know, do athletes who have faced these types of injuries have a greater chance of re injury or is the body part stronger than ever from rehab thus the odds of an injury somewhere else due to over compensation?

In general, knee injuries are really bad news. The chance of re-injury goes up a whole lot - about 6x more likely.

In general, knee injuries are really bad news. The chance of re-injury goes up a whole lot - about 6x more likely.

Wow. I dd not realize there was such a high likelihood of re injury. I would have expected perhaps a doubling... but a factor of six is, at least to me, unexpectedly high. I am in no way doubting the number, you probably have that from some reliable source (I'd assume). Is there any position-specific data out there. That is, is an interior lineman more or less prone to re-injury of a knee relative to say a WR? I might thing that it could be.

Anyway, lets hope Williams never re-injures that knee.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I dd not realize there was such a high likelihood of re injury. I would have expected perhaps a doubling... but a factor of six is, at least to me, unexpectedly high. I am in no way doubting the number, you probably have that from some reliable source (I'd assume). Is there any position-specific data out there. That is, is an interior lineman more or less prone to re-injury of a knee relative to say a WR? I might thing that it could be.

Anyway, lets hope Williams never re-injures that knee.

With that being said ...think about how light our depth is on the dline.