VV, Class of 2012 Looking to End the Drought

Should a conference title really be outside the realm of possibilities this year? 7th yr coach with a youthful deep and experienced team on both sides and a schedule that is not overwhelming. Im ok with the team getting hyped up for a big year.

Not outside the realm, but RKIII was on the radio last night and pretty much echoed what I said in a previous thread: He (and I) expect 2015 to be the year,seeing how young and inexperienced the team is. Now it doesn't mean that they can't do it in 2014, but I'm not sure it should be expected.

He also said that all of the negativity from last year hurt the performance of the team on the field. I know, I know,,excuses, excuses.....

Words have meaning, and also have repercussions sometimes.

I think its fair that with all the youth, injuries and distractions last years team faced.....we put a nice season together all be it nowhere near what we wanted. We capped it on a positive note and we are on the upswing with momentum. 2015 should be a really really good year but only if this is a really good year. If this year is an 8-4 snoozer we could be looking at a new head coCh. If it comes to that 2015 will he a start over year instead of what could be the start of a special run.

I can't get over how every thread has one or two detractors that have the need to state Pelini is gone if he doesn't have a better season than last yrs. Get a grip people, Pelini isn't going anywhere, he's the HC and his job is safe unless he drops a couple of 6-4's the next two yrs. Like him or not, he's N's coach and fans with a Pelini hard on need to get over themselves.

Try having some fun and enjoy the ride, your opinion means absolutely nothing is the great scheme of things. Negativity just happens to be the life blood of some people. That will never change regardless of how well the team does. If they bring home the CC, those same neg. fans will cry, we should have won bigger and gone farther, it's Pelini's fault and he should be let go and get (what they consider) a real coach in here.

Enjoy Saturday, and have a great summer. GBR

In case youve never read one of my posts before let me introduce myself. Huge BoLiever and Polo has referred to me as one of the biggest Bo "appologists" on this board.

I Said he could be gone after an 8-4 snoozer because thats just college football. Higher ups and boosters demand more. Me? I believe in giving him the necessary time because I like him as our coach and the future looks bright.

In case youve never read one of my posts before let me introduce myself. Huge BoLiever and Polo has referred to me as one of the biggest Bo "appologists" on this board.

I Said he could be gone after an 8-4 snoozer because thats just college football. Higher ups and boosters demand more. Me? I believe in giving him the necessary time because I like him as our coach and the future looks bright.

I think things are trending up, even if the record in 2014 doesn't reflect it. The talent is getting better, recruiting seems to be getting better. Even being saddled with a horrible RC his first few years and changing recruiting philosophy to fit a new DL coach and new conference, we've managed to have moderate success.

Hopefully they can figure out the punt return game, and maybe using new,tackier balls instead of the worn balls we've used the past 4years it will help reduce turnovers and drops by WRs.