First ESPN Top 10 Class Rankings For 2015

Ya franklin is tearing it up. He's responsible for all the commits. Pretty impressive start for them. I hope we finish 15-20 in all services. That would be an excellent class. Being as small as it is it's going to hard to finish much better than 15.

Maybe I just don't get recruiting, but I totally don't understand how Penn State can still be pulling in such great recruits. I know Pennsylvania is in more fertile recruiting territory, but the University itself is in the middle of nowhere, not to mention the fresh stink of the worst scandal in sports history still attached to it. What the hell is PSU doing on the recruiting trail to sell itself so well?

Recruiting really has very little do with all of that stuff.

Recruiting has to do with being a good salesman. It's not dependent on, but made easier by, good circumstances, but ultimately it comes down to being a good salesman.

All of this, plus, because of their recent sanctions they have plenty of depth questions at quite a few positions. It's easy to sell playing time to many recruits, and they've likely benefited from a little bit of a domino effect. One big name recruit who pulls the trigger often leads to other recruits doing the same.

I wonder if there is a coach out there not selling the "opportunity" to compete for early playing time.

We have all heard that Bo and company do not sell, or at least oversell, the opportunity of early playing time to recruits, even though that is what they want to hear. The last two recruiting cycle, it seemed like Bo did start telling recruits about the prospects of early playing time because of depth chart issues, and this was evident when these recruits did interviews because there would be quotes talking about how the coaches mentioned early playing time. However, now that I think about interviews I have read from this cycle, I don't remember any interview with recruits this cycle where the recruit explicitly mentioned coaches pressing the issue of early playing time, unless it was on punt return.

I do think that Bo uses playing time as a selling point, but I think he using it with a bit more honesty. The fact that most recruits are not reporting that Bo and the staff are selling early playing time, makes me think they like what they have in terms of their starts and depth, barring TE, CB, and, especially, DE.

I have no problem with the promise of early playing time. These kids should know that if they are good enough to make the 2 deep as tr frosh then the will get to play. It shouldn't be rocket science to these kids that if you are good enough, you'll see the field. As far as Bo coming around to this tactic, I think he's proven that he'll play younger kids if they are ready. Pretty simple stuff if you ask me. So simple that my whole post seems like a waste of ink! I apologize and I henceforth will try to do better.

• Fire 2

I have no problem with the promise of early playing time. These kids should know that if they are good enough to make the 2 deep as tr frosh then the will get to play. It shouldn't be rocket science to these kids that if you are good enough, you'll see the field. As far as Bo coming around to this tactic, I think he's proven that he'll play younger kids if they are ready. Pretty simple stuff if you ask me. So simple that my whole post seems like a waste of ink! I apologize and I henceforth will try to do better.

Well said.

THANKS.

THANKS.

No Problem :thumbs

Here's a breakdown of Nebraska's ranking for all four services, it includes a comparison for the other B1G teams.

Rivals NU’s rank: 8th nationally (2nd Big Ten)

Scout NU’s rank: 7th nationally (2nd Big Ten)

247 NU’s rank: 8th nationally (2nd Big Ten)

ESPN NU’s rank: 12th nationally (2nd Big Ten)

We are top 10 in 3 of 4 rankings (12th in ESPN) and 2nd in the B1G for all rankings (Penn St is first).

Other B1G team rankings, http://sports.omaha.com/2014/04/17/recruiting-with-class-likely-over-half-full-where-does-nus-group-of-2015-commits-rank/#.U1Ka6ldZseo