Bar Rescue - O'Bannion's/Bellevue, NE

yea that'd help a little. But if you have the same nasty furniture, over priced drinks. Then you wouldn't be accomplishing much. But dancers would be a good start. With two strip clubs I mentioned I think the best overhall for them would be to start with a bulldozer.

I didn't see this one. But did watch the hookah bar episode in Omaha, think it was called oasis. When I see bars on the show like this. Makes me wonder how the bar is still in business. Figured if they didn't run out of money the health department would shut them down.

what i do not get is how their sales only go up like 20%, as if that is good enough. some of these bars are losing like 10k a month. don't they need like a 120% increase?

I think those early reports of sales only going up 20% are decent. I think where most of those bars see their biggest bottom line improvement is in their cost savings. Almost all of those bars over-pour the liquor in their drinks and have crappy draft beer systems which cause so much of the draft beer to be lost in foam. If the bars are getting 20-30% increase in sales, along with a nice bump in margin, then I can see those owners starting to earn money. The owners also see margin improvements in their food by moving to fresh meats and vegetables, rather than frozen.

usually those reports of increased sells are months after. i would just imagine they would need a more drastic change since they are usually in pretty dire financial situations. and if you are losing a ton of money, it does not seem like you would need a ton of profits to get a huge sells percentage boast.

I always love when the owners say "Hey, I always wanted to have a place where I could hang out, have some drinks with my friends, and have a good time."

It's a business, not your own personal play area. Instead of throwing money into a bar, spend that money on making a kick-ass man cave in your basement or garage, and then you can have your friends over for a good time.

I always love when the owners say "Hey, I always wanted to have a place where I could hang out, have some drinks with my friends, and have a good time."

It's a business, not your own personal play area. Instead of throwing money into a bar, spend that money on making a kick-ass man cave in your basement or garage, and then you can have your friends over for a good time.

It is the catch 22 of wanting to own a bar...you want to turn it into your party-zone and use it to have fun and hire hotties...

The problem is...you gotta pay those pesky bills and make some cash!

I think most every guy has thought, even if just for a moment, how cool it would be to own a bar. Mine would fail before Taffer could even make it!

It is the catch 22 of wanting to own a bar...you want to turn it into your party-zone and use it to have fun and hire hotties...

I think most every guy has thought, even if just for a moment, how cool it would be to own a bar. Mine would fail before Taffer could even make it!

The just gets into the whole motivation for opening a bar. If you are doing it to run a solid business and make money and have a little fun doing it, you could be successful. But, if your motive is for a party time, it's going to fail miserably.

Teach would be the guy who is drinking at his own bar, trying to hook up with his wait-staff, giving away drinks to anyone with a D-cup, and the place would be filthy. Basically, he would be a combo of all of Taffer's nightmare bar owners.

lol the ones I like is when Taff comes in and starts to help them. But yet the owners fight him every step of the way.

The just gets into the whole motivation for opening a bar. If you are doing it to run a solid business and make money and have a little fun doing it, you could be successful. But, if your motive is for a party time, it's going to fail miserably.

Teach would be the guy who is drinking at his own bar, trying to hook up with his wait-staff, giving away drinks to anyone with a D-cup, and the place would be filthy. Basically, he would be a combo of all of Taffer's nightmare bar owners.

Yes, yes, yes...

ColoHusks bar would have all Husker stuff...AND...he would "walk around" his bar and chat with the customers and try to correct them and educate them on all things Huskers...plus he would want the Sidetracks band there

Yes, yes, yes...

ColoHusks bar would have all Husker stuff...AND...he would "walk around" his bar and chat with the customers and try to correct them and educate them on all things Huskers...plus he would want the Sidetracks band there

"Actually, it was Jeff Smith who took the pitch from Turner Gill in the '84 Orange Bowl to make it 31-30. It wasn't Mike Rozier. Rozier hurt his ankle during the game, and wasn't playing near the end."