O'Bannon vs. NCAA Trial

OK....can someone explain this to me?

If you've ever seen what's around UCLA.. RT @John_Infante: LSU’s off-campus room and board allowance is $15,264 per year. UCLA’s is $14,571.

I'm assuming these figures are what the players get on top of everything else if they live off campus.

So, let's say they live in an apartment for $650 per month. Is this a fair amount for rent now in Lincoln? Let's say there are two players that go together to rent a two bedroom apartment. That would be $325 per month in rent. Let's throw another $100 each for utilities. That's $425 per month for a place to live.

Lincoln is a very similar city to Baton Rouge. So, let's say Nebraska's allowance is $15,000. (anyone know what it really is?) 15,000/12 = 1,250. 1,250 - 425 = $825 per month.

That's $825 each above and beyond every other benefit as a player to live off of. Now, 9 of those months they get a spread of food that would make any other college student weep at the training table.

These players are acting like they are starving?

The NCAA maybe could have avoided this issue by putting a clause in scholarships that said the NCAA and/or university can use a players likeness or name while they were a student. They didn't and now they got caught.

Time to pay the piper.

The O Bannon trial is about being compensated for their names and likenesses. Not extra scholarship benefits.

OK....can someone explain this to me?

If you've ever seen what's around UCLA.. RT @John_Infante: LSU’s off-campus room and board allowance is $15,264 per year. UCLA’s is $14,571.

I'm assuming these figures are what the players get on top of everything else if they live off campus.

So, let's say they live in an apartment for $650 per month. Is this a fair amount for rent now in Lincoln? Let's say there are two players that go together to rent a two bedroom apartment. That would be $325 per month in rent. Let's throw another $100 each for utilities. That's $425 per month for a place to live.

Lincoln is a very similar city to Baton Rouge. So, let's say Nebraska's allowance is $15,000. (anyone know what it really is?) 15,000/12 = 1,250. 1,250 - 425 = $825 per month.

That's $825 each above and beyond every other benefit as a player to live off of. Now, 9 of those months they get a spread of food that would make any other college student weep at the training table.

These players are acting like they are starving?

The NCAA maybe could have avoided this issue by putting a clause in scholarships that said the NCAA and/or university can use a players likeness or name while they were a student. They didn't and now they got caught.

Time to pay the piper.

The O Bannon trial is about being compensated for their names and likenesses. Not extra scholarship benefits.

Yeah...there may be a better thread for this to be put in but I was in a hurry.