Long story short, I lost my Ipod fishing a couple of weeks ago. So now I need to use my Iphone to listen to music. I have about 650 songs on it and it has pretty much chewed up all of my storage.

I have never paid much attention to how cloud works with this thing because I had the Ipod for music. I have 3.6GB of cloud space available but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the music on there so I can free up actual storage. Or is this even possible? I have an Iphone 4 if that helps anyone figure out what I can do.

Thanks for your help.

• 7 months later...

I don't really think this is possible for what you're looking for. You want to offload the music to the cloud, but you still need to be able to play it on the device, so it needs to be resident on the device.

My advice would be look into streaming services like Spotify or Pandora. You won't really have to worry about storage with those services as long as you have service and can just stream the music.

• 4 weeks later...

It costs $25 a year but the iCloud Match music service from Apple will upload your music from your computer to the cloud and let you stream in your iPhone.

I've been using it since it launched and been pretty happy. It only uploads music that doesn't match what's available in iTunes. Even stuff you didn't buy.

• 1 month later...