Quick question and I appreciate all responses.

I am hoping to take my three 4-year olds to fan day on Friday. My plan was to swing by a store and pick up 3 cheap footballs or something they could take with them to get signed because I saw that each fan was asked to only bring in 1 item.

Now, when I go to Huskers.com, they talk about a stand in front of the entrance selling items that people can get signed. My question is, are outside items able to be brought in, or do I need to save my cash and buy something small at the stadium?

Thanks.

edit: I should mention that I don't care at all about re-sale value or collectibility or anything like that. I'm just hoping to get them entrenched into the fandom :) They will probably break whatever gets signed before FAU, so that is why I'm going inexpensive, a.k.a. cheap!

You can bring in outside items, do NOT buy the overpriced stuff outside the stadium.

Be there hours early if you want a QB signature, and be prepared not to get a lot of signatures. This was the line for the South East corner entrance last year. It stretched over to Stadium Drive (formerly 10th street, then south about another block from where I took this picture.

QQ9kLj3.jpg

There was a similar line for the SW corner, also stretching down Stadium Drive to the south a block or two, and another in the NE corner, about the same length.

Inside, it looks like this:

bDHBqcm.jpg

To the far right, where the Huskers come out of the tunnel, is the QB tent. The line for QB autographs stretches the length of this picture, right to left, and disappears in the tunnel where the opponents come out (SW corner).

The RBs are in the NW corner, not pictured, and that line is about equally long. The Offensive Linemen are on the far left, lined up along the length of the south end zone.

Along both sidelines you see a series of tents, one for each position group. The WRs are at about the 50 yard line on the far side of this picture, and their line is part of that mass of humanity on the visitor's side of the field.

Down the center of the field, 100+ yards long, is the line for the coaches and Bo. Those tents you see in the center of the field are the various coaches, and Bo is at the far right, alone in a tent in the North end zone.

I'm not trying to discourage you, just telling you what to expect. If you get there early enough you may get through the QB line & the position players' lines, but you likely won't get through, say, the QB line & the RB line in one day. It's only 90 minutes long, remember.

Good luck, and have fun. If nothing else, it's fun to get inside the stadium on a non-game day, and hang out with some Husker fans.

• Fire 3