Our Head Coach

On any given saturday, any team will beat another team now these days with the 85 scholarship limit in effect. All streaks come to an end. Just like Nebraska's 36 game winning streak against Kansas ended, so did NU's 47 home winning streak (look at my signature), so did USC's 35 winning streak end and Miami's 34 winning streak (couple of years ago) end. Teams can no longer stockpile talent upon talent like they did during the early 80's and up untill the late 90's. It's not only coaching, it also talent. Pop quiz to everyone (without looking it up), when was the last time Tennessee didn't make a bowl game? When was the last time Michigan lost 5 games in a season. When was the last time FSU lost 5 games in a season. ANYONE notice anything in those 3 teams? They ALL won National titles IN THE 90's with their current head coaches, yet they are all struggling. Again....like i said, it goes back to the 85 scholarship limit and not ONLY is NU feeling the effects of it, but so is FSU, Tennessee, Michigan, Florida. Coaching will only take you so far these days unless you manage to become a USC and stockpile talent like that year in and year out. USC and Florida have 9 of the top 100 players in the nation combined and 39 of the top 250 players in the nation. The question is, what will they do with that talent compared to the talent Callahan recruited.

Okay, sorry to get off topic, but i was accused of being a "troll" on the board i just came from because i had a different opinion from a moderator and a site admin about a topic. Was posting on this board for about a year and never caused issues. I even went as far as to inquire to was a troll meant with no response..lol...So, what is a troll?

A troll by most standards is a person who posts on threads with the express purpose of eliciting negative(inflammatory, irate) responses to his/her opinions/posts by other board members. Differing opinions is not the same as trolling on a board site.

Thanks, just read what a troll was on a different forum on this board..lol...So i guess i was a troll for one post in my life...*sigh*...oh well.... ;)

A troll by most standards is a person who posts on threads with the express purpose of eliciting negative(inflammatory, irate) responses to his/her opinions/posts by other board members.  Differing opinions is not the same as trolling on a board site.

Thanks, just read what a troll was on a different forum on this board..lol...So i guess i was a troll for one post in my life...*sigh*...oh well.... ;)

you...... bastard! :throw:ban:sarcasm

A troll by most standards is a person who posts on threads with the express purpose of eliciting negative(inflammatory, irate) responses to his/her opinions/posts by other board members.  Differing opinions is not the same as trolling on a board site.

:o The week is not going well, a troll now a bastard!!!! :wtf ......got your sarcam...

:o The week is not going well, a troll now a bastard!!!! :wtf ......got your sarcam...

naw man i dont think you got my sarcasm lol :sarcasm ok sorry for goin way OT :dumdum

no doubt travel squad is a pain i get so jet lagged..

:lol:

sorry kid, keep ingesting those posting enhancers and maybe someday you'll get a 'Place at The Table'. ;)

woohoo! that quote made me think of Latimer from the movie "The Program."

"STARTING DEFENSE! A PLACE A THE TABLE! WOOOO!!" then ill run around a parking lot thrusting my skull through other people's windows...