Dedicated QB Coach

Brian Kelly is on Mike & Mike right now. They were talking about the turnovers Golson's turnovers, particularly in the last game against AZ St. In particular, they were talking about how Golson was fairly loose with the ball on the fumbles. He said - not a direct quote but very close - that's the way [Golson] is and he's not trying to change that. Basically, he's athletic an running around is part of who he is as a quarterback. The implication was if he tried to work with him on being more careful, he would lose some of the other things that he does well.

Just thought that was interesting as Kelly is known for having pretty good QBs and our discussion about "why don't we see improvement in __________?"

I mentioned that last week. Some pretty heralded quarterbacks and offensive systems have had meltdown games lately.

Beck, IMO, is simply asking TA to play in a system that is not suited for the strengths of TA's passing game. TA throws a nice long ball, but sucks at the routes in the flats or screens IMO. Yet Beck continues to call these. Year 2 as a starter and TA still locks on a receiver. Simplifying shouldn't mean "dumbing" down, it should be creating a package that works for your QB more often than not. So far, in the passing game, Beck continues to call passes that more often than not will be incompletions.

Here is some free QB coaching from my recliner.

Me: TA is Westy is going to do a fly route and he is on your right, all I need you to do is snap the ball and immediately look to your left. You have put so much "locking" on receivers on film that there is a great chance, the LB's, CB's and safeties will all run to cover KB on your left. At a minimum, they will think, coach was right, snap, lock and throw. BUT you fool them here, you look to your right and hit a wide open Westy.

TA: You mean I don't need to laser in from the snap????????

Easy stuff, yet TA has not improved in this capacity at all.

That's on Beck 100%. He is about as good of a QB coach as Barney is a TE coach...........

that's my point, the basic stuff Tommie has failed to master.......get him a damn coach!

Joe Ganz was a gunslinger, and that could have been pretty cool if Nebraska had sported a defense.

The rest of our quarterbacks haven't been gunslingers. They've been dual-threat quarterbacks who pass more often than some people would like.

our emphasis on duel threat is more toward the run....the primary goal of any good qb should be as a passer....we don't recruit pass first qbs.......

Joe Ganz was a gunslinger, and that could have been pretty cool if Nebraska had sported a defense.

The rest of our quarterbacks haven't been gunslingers. They've been dual-threat quarterbacks who pass more often than some people would like.

our emphasis on duel threat is more toward the run....the primary goal of any good qb should be as a passer....we don't recruit pass first qbs.......

Ganz threw too many INT's, he had little discipline for a good arm.