Ideology and media

I don't understand the point of the headline. "The average Fox News or MSNBC viewer is less ideological than the average NPR listener"

The average NPR listener is also less ideological than the average Sean Hannity viewer. It makes you wonder why they chose to point that out.

I clicked on the "full survey results" link and found this graphic, which was equally interesting, but not really surprising.

04CmpGS.png

I don't understand the point of the headline. "The average Fox News or MSNBC viewer is less ideological than the average NPR listener"

I think public perception is that Fox/MSNBC viewers are right/left wing nut jobs. Both channels, while slanted to their respective audience, pretty much give you the news of the day. The big disconnect is the "analysis" shows like O'Reily, Maddow etc,

The average NPR listener is also less ideological than the average Sean Hannity viewer. It makes you wonder why they chose to point that out.

I clicked on the "full survey results" link and found this graphic, which was equally interesting, but not really surprising.

04CmpGS.png

The last chart in this is interesting....well...I should say the description of it is more interesting. These groups are more likely to lead a conversation than to listen. Hmmmm....I wouldn't call it "leading". I would call it yelling and demanding everyone else agree with them or they are evil.