OWH Barfknecht: Nebraska-Wisconsin is a tough call after slogs with Purdue

I thought it was interesting they passed so much this time. Probably did it to keep NU guessing for next week. I say we take away the run as much as possible and make them throw it.

I really like our chances. Hope Brown can make a few field goals if he is called upon. His inconsistencies are concerning. Also, the uncertainty of our offense. Will they show up?

I feel the same as always....never know which team is gonna show up....will Tommy get the jitters....will the receivers look like all-stars or have the dropsies...will the line block or bump into each other....will the advertisers want to keep it close until the 4th quarter.......will the D play lights out or will there be a bunch of busts.....will we pressure their qb or stand back in the prevent defense?

It's always a complete mystery to me what will transpire???

I was watching the scores go by on the TV in a restaurant yesterday and they all looked like basketball scores....50-40....40-30...these were the top teams in the country......and it reminded me of all the bitching about our defense. I think that's just the way it is now....they don't want boring games and they've changed the rules accordingly....no more 70's slugfests....so I'm thinking about lightening up when the opponent pulls an occasional Frost play......hopefully we'll have some flash reverse passes of our own.

I feel the same as always....never know which team is gonna show up....will Tommy get the jitters....will the receivers look like all-stars or have the dropsies...will the line block or bump into each other....will the advertisers want to keep it close until the 4th quarter.......will the D play lights out or will there be a bunch of busts.....will we pressure their qb or stand back in the prevent defense?

I was watching the scores go by on the TV in a restaurant yesterday and they all looked like basketball scores....50-40....40-30...these were the top teams in the country......and it reminded me of all the bitching about our defense. I think that's just the way it is now....they don't want boring games and they've changed the rules accordingly....no more 70's slugfests....so I'm thinking about lightening up when the opponent pulls an occasional Frost play......hopefully we'll have some flash reverse passes of our own.

I hear this sentiment a lot, that the Huskers are very up and down, but this never seems to take into account our opponents. When we couldn't run against Michigan St, it was because Mich St's line was stronger. If Nebraska gets pushed around by Wisconsin, I don't think it'll be due to our inconsistency, I think it'll be due to Wisconsin's size and physicality. We're not going to be better than our opponents at every position in every game.

That said, I agree that I have no idea what to expect. I think the game could be a blowout in either direction, based on the games thus far in the series.

I hear this sentiment a lot, that the Huskers are very up and down, but this never seems to take into account our opponents. When we couldn't run against Michigan St, it was because Mich St's line was stronger. If Nebraska gets pushed around by Wisconsin, I don't think it'll be due to our inconsistency, I think it'll be due to Wisconsin's size and physicality. We're not going to be better than our opponents at every position in every game.

That said, I agree that I have no idea what to expect. I think the game could be a blowout in either direction, based on the games thus far in the series.

I agree with what you're saying about our line getting dominated by MSU, .....you didn't hear that from me...and yes, Wisconsin's D is known to be very stout......but I'm more concerned about our tendency to beat ourself, untouched in the open field, than I am worried about a gameplan that can beat Wisconsin. Also it's nationally televised on ABC and they'll want to have plenty of say about how the game goes.

I agree with what you're saying about our line getting dominated by MSU, .....you didn't hear that from me...and yes, Wisconsin's D is known to be very stout......but I'm more concerned about our tendency to beat ourself, untouched in the open field, than I am worried about a gameplan that can beat Wisconsin. Also it's nationally televised on ABC and they'll want to have plenty of say about how the game goes.

Their starting defensive tackle Zagzebski got injured (ankle) in the game. Not sure how serious. Could be a factor as well.

I think the game could be a blowout in either direction, based on the games thus far in the series.

And which game in the series, from a Nebraska blowout perspective, led you to this fascinating conclusion? The recent 1965 showdown? :laughpound

I'm actually thinking of the 2012 game at Memorial Stadium. The game was two half blowouts, one for each team:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=322730158

Nebraska was down 27-10 before scoring 20 straight points. I agree I'm stretching the definition of "blowout", but the series has been defined by long scoring droughts.

I think the game could be a blowout in either direction, based on the games thus far in the series.

And which game in the series, from a Nebraska blowout perspective, led you to this fascinating conclusion? The recent 1965 showdown? :laughpound

You're trying too hard turbo, to be a good troll it should flow easier. :lame

• Fire 1

I thought it was interesting they passed so much this time. Probably did it to keep NU guessing for next week. I say we take away the run as much as possible and make them throw it.

I really like our chances. Hope Brown can make a few field goals if he is called upon. His inconsistencies are concerning. Also, the uncertainty of our offense. Will they show up?

Got the same feeling that's the same thing NUm did against Purdue.

I don't even know why we're going to show up, Wisconsin is so good and is going to win the National Championship of the world, we might as well pack it up and head home! I'M SO SCARED!!!! :sarcasm

We stop the run, we stop Wisconsin, our secondary is good enough to not allow them to not do anything in the passing game. Nevermind that their two QB system doesn't work, just frigging pick one that's taken his meds for the day and throw him in there. It isn't going to matter, Wisconsin may think they are the best thing in the nation or the B1G right now, but they're not. AA gets going, they're screwed!