NSA reform bill defeated by Republicans

Here is my personal feelings one what is happening here.

Most in Washington don't want to make these changes because they know (even though it stomps on our privacy and what the government should be doing) it allows the government to monitor the publics actions for threats against the US.

So....when ever pressed in an election or in a press conference, the all will talk about how concerned they are about our freedoms and our privacy, but, in the end, they don't want to stop what the NSA is doing.

“They probably needed my vote,” he (Rand Paul) said, opposing Leahy’s bill because it would extend the sunset provisions for the laws authorizing surveillance.

Yup sure sounds like he doesn't give a crap about any of that...

“They probably needed my vote,” he (Rand Paul) said, opposing Leahy’s bill because it would extend the sunset provisions for the laws authorizing surveillance.

Oh boy. You buy that, huh?

Says it right there, but since he has and "R" after his name he is telling a lie.

The bill needs to (or should) come up again, maybe he can get the bill he wants.

Says it right there, but since he has and "R" after his name he is telling a lie.

The bill needs to (or should) come up again, maybe he can get the bill he wants.

No. It's not the "R" after his name that makes him a liar. What makes him a liar is the fact that he claims to want one thing and votes for the opposite.

• Fire 2

No. It's not the "R" after his name that makes him a liar. What makes him a liar is the fact that he claims to want one thing and votes for the opposite.

"I object to these warrantless searches being performed on United States citizens. I object to the 200,000 NSL searches that have been performed without a judge's warrant.

I object to over 2 million searches of bank records, called Suspicious Activity Reports, performed on U.S. citizens without a judge's warrant.

As February 28th approaches, with three provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act set to expire, it is time to re-consider this question: Do the many provisions of this bill, which were enacted in such haste after 9/11, have an actual basis in our Constitution, and are they even necessary to achieve valid law-enforcement goals?" Sen Rand Paul

So he speaks out against the Patriot act, then votes against a bill that would extend it until 2017, and now hes a liar. Got it.

So he speaks out against the Patriot act, then votes against a bill that would extend it until 2017, and now hes a liar. Got it.

Why not vote for something that does 9/10 of things that you want and then introduce a bill that fixes that 1/10 bit?

I'll tell you why: because he is a fraud. Don't take my word for it . . . watch his positions "evolve" over the next two years. :)