1 Day every fall practice

C N Red

1 day, just 1 day, every fall practice i think they should run over the special traditions of Nebraska by explaining the history of the program, players, teams, fans etc. And of course the Blackshirts.

Bring in former players to show the current players how much it meant to them and still does. How important it is to cherish it and take every advantage while they are there.

Why coaches(mainly just last two) wouldnt take advantage of it and use it kills me. There are so many resources to use at their disposal to put a deep understanding with the players(and the coaches themselves), but they just throw it to the side. Baffles the sh#t out of me.

So you want them to re-recruit them? Those are all selling points and a lot of times why the kids come to Nebraska. If by bring in Jason Peter to psyche them up is what you meant, then sure they can maybe do that

1 day, just 1 day, every fall practice i think they should run over the special traditions of Nebraska by explaining the history of the program, players, teams, fans etc. And of course the Blackshirts.

Bring in former players to show the current players how much it meant to them and still does. How important it is to cherish it and take every advantage while they are there.

Why coaches(mainly just last two) wouldnt take advantage of it and use it kills me. There are so many resources to use at their disposal to put a deep understanding with the players(and the coaches themselves), but they just throw it to the side. Baffles the sh#t out of me.

So you want them to re-recruit them? Those are all selling points and a lot of times why the kids come to Nebraska. If by bring in Jason Peter to psyche them up is what you meant, then sure they can maybe do that

Yes you use it for recruiting, but a recruit is not going to want to sit in a room for a day to really understand it. There are things to do with academics, tours, etc on the recruiting trip. But when they sign the papers and decide they want to be a Husker, then at that point it needs to be drilled into them what it means. And yes, I'm pretty sure I mentioned bringing in ex players to help.

One day of coaches/players telling you what it is to be a husker isn't going to do much. The pride that ex players talk about is literally from being there all four years and buying into a program. 4/5 years of walking around the weight room, the trophies, the people, the reminders of the past that truly bring out a lot more pride.

Ya, lets just do nothing so they have no understanding to build on while they are here. Kind of like how we start kids with advanced math before teaching them how to add and subtract. Makes sense.

One day of coaches/players telling you what it is to be a husker isn't going to do much. The pride that ex players talk about is literally from being there all four years and buying into a program. 4/5 years of walking around the weight room, the trophies, the people, the reminders of the past that truly bring out a lot more pride.

Ya, lets just do nothing so they have no understanding to build on while they are here. Kind of like how we start kids with advanced math before teaching them how to add and subtract. Makes sense.

I truly hope you don't believe the coaches don't do anything to tell these guys about Nebraska both while they are in school or before.

The recruiting process is literally there to tell the kids all about Nebraska, they don't just go for a visit out of the blue. They are told about the blackshirts, the history, all the bells and whistles to get them excited to come to campus. On their visits, they walk them all around the facilities see the names, the pictures, trophies, etc that they've been telling them about for usually months.

The addition and subtraction part of your advanced math theory is started well before these kids sign and come to campus.

I truly hope you don't believe the coaches don't do anything to tell these guys about Nebraska both while they are in school or before.

The recruiting process is literally there to tell the kids all about Nebraska, they don't just go for a visit out of the blue. They are told about the blackshirts, the history, all the bells and whistles to get them excited to come to campus. On their visits, they walk them all around the facilities see the names, the pictures, trophies, etc that they've been telling them about for usually months.

The addition and subtraction part of your advanced math theory is started well before these kids sign and come to campus.

It's different to be told and to actually understand. Just like what is going on with our replies. I tell you there are differences in trying to educate about important things compared to ingraining an understanding of the teacings into people but you have yet to get it.

Oh trust me, I understand what you are trying to say. you want a mindset to change, to respect the past, and live up to the standards that have been expected for years. It's a fantastic idea and I'm sure in some capacity is being used. But you have yet to understand that one day in fall camp is not going to ingrain anything...it takes time

I get it, but if it doesn't start somewhere nothing will change and eventually things will be lost, which I believe is already happening. But hell, who knows. Frustration is just on overload.

that place swims in history up there id be real surprised if this isn't already done in so many ways..

It probably is a little bit the recruiting trip but do you really believe they are set down and its made to be understood once they become a player? No way i believe it until somebody with first hand knowledge tells me so. You ever hear a player mention anything about the history and tradition being told to them in depth and with passion??

cripes...ameer abdullah being mentored by ahman green this year and discussing breaking down film of the way he used to run, Johnny Rodgers hanging around practice week with kenny bell, lineman talking about the pipeline in the off season, the entire '95 team being on the field prior the Miami game, Brendan stai is on the staff, and that's just off the top of my head from this season.

So, for all of you who think the kids coming in are getting taught about the tradition and history:

"On Nick Bahe's show today a guy called in today and told a story about how B1G network had on Matt Davison and Jordan Westerkamp after his Hail Mary catch last year. A guy from the network asked Westerkamp which he thought was the biggest catch, his or Davisons. Westerkamp said he had never seen Davison's catch before but he had heard that it help preserve a national championship or something."

If you are being taught the history and winning tradition and pride of Nebraska football, you are showing kids that catch!!

So, for all of you who think the kids coming in are getting taught about the tradition and history:

"On Nick Bahe's show today a guy called in today and told a story about how B1G network had on Matt Davison and Jordan Westerkamp after his Hail Mary catch last year. A guy from the network asked Westerkamp which he thought was the biggest catch, his or Davisons. Westerkamp said he had never seen Davison's catch before but he had heard that it help preserve a national championship or something."

If you are being taught the history and winning tradition and pride of Nebraska football, you are showing kids that catch!!

you're right, get the AD on the horn, fire bo, yada yada yada

you're right, get the AD on the horn, fire bo, yada yada yada

Now you're getting it. Still positive they're teaching the kids about the history and tradition?