Player tweets on Pelini firing

Remember what i posted Yesterday in the pelini getting another job thread. Man, does seem surreal-or spmethin-now.

You know what scares me the most?

Looking back now without my RosyRed blinders on, and seeing what's going on and this apparent sh**ty culture and so on, I have this really sh**ty feeling that at some point in the future, near or far, we're gonna look back on these seven years and say, without a doubt, that Bo did more damage to this program than Callahan and Pedersen did. Does anyone else have this eery feeling?

And I defended the guy till nearly the bitter end. But it was for what I thought was the best for the PROGRAM, at the time. Last year after the Iowa game when I assumed he was gone, I was ready for a fresh start then. When it was said he was coming back, I jumped back on. Spent the offseason defending him in the same arguments over and over. Using the same 9wins bullsh#t and ridiculous propaganda that I laugh at now, for the sake of blind support of the program. Then I swiftly got a stiff kick to the balls with the Michigan St game and gradually started losing hope. Wisconsin was the final dagger. It was the final twist of that dagger. I can stand here now and admit I was wrong. I have no problem with that, even though it shouldnt be about being right and wrong. It should be about support for the PROGRAM, not a coach. And what I see from some who are still fighting the good fight with Bo is probably not support for Bo, but rather a strong unwillingness to admit to being wrong after sticking by to the bitter end. And like I said, it shouldnt be about that. It should be about support of the PROGRAM regardless of the coach. I'll probably wanna bitch slap the first person the pulls the "i told you so card" the first time our new coach loses a game.

Then yesterday, the tweets from the players, even thought the emotional state is understandable, the direction of their anger is just very concerning to me. The culture that has been established in that lockeroom is flat out scary to me.

Thoughts?

Bumping for the sake of this comment of mine after this afternoon's news. And as someone who is very intrigued by the mentality and psychology of sports (people on here who pay good attention to a lot of things I have so say, know this is a pretty consistent deal with me), I have a real sh#t feeling in my stomach right now. 2015 is going to be scary, if not interesting.

Bo's whole staff was infected with this cancer.......hence retaining any of them doesn't make much sense.

I don't think his whole staff was. Even if they worked for him, they are each their own person. The players, too. I think it's reasonable to expect some players were totally devoted to this mantra, but plenty probably didn't make reflecting that attitude part of their identity.

Warren -- one of Pelini's strongest and most recent hires -- probably didn't. And that's probably why he's staying around, in addition to his strengths as a recruiter and coach.

Kaz, it sounds like he did. Which is why he's probably not sticking around, despite his strengths.

Ron Brown, I refuse to believe Brown had any part of something like this. If Brown doesn't decide to call it quits he would be welcomed back with the warmest of arms. At this point, looking at all that's happened, I think it would be hugely important for Brown to be retained so that the players can see a strong leadership example of someone who was on the previous staff for the entire duration.