Player tweets on Pelini firing

It doesnt surprise me they have a much closer relationship with the coach than the frickin ad. But these out of the way swipes at the ad are concerning. Time to put the big boy pants on fellas. This is a good life lesson. Things are gonna get taken from you and things are gonna piss you off.

Maybe we as fans need to learn the same life lesson? :dunno
what did we THE 99% do to deserve this bullsh#t? From Bos little audio to the obvious sh#t attitude from the team towards fans and media? Tell me.

No other fricken program is having these petty little meanie geads issues. Ill guarantfrickintee you. Not to mention we probably have the mentally softest team in the country on the field.

• Fire 5

Johnsons and Nabitys tweets are pretty interesting

#adtrippin

❌ Graham Nabity @Gnabbs116 Coach Bo,Thank you for ur words tonightIt's nice to hear the truthIt all makes sense now#pray

???

Samuel Hahn @daHAHNi[/size] · 32m32 minutes ago

We no longer have Bo, but we got what we wanted tonight. Real insight on everything that has happened, and a chance to say bye w/o any media

Steve @StepDaddyFinnin[/size] · 7m7 minutes ago

If there's not a ring on our finger after next year then y'all better riot until we have new admin. That's all I'm saying.

Steve @StepDaddyFinnin[/size] · 18m18 minutes ago

If you guys only knew how bad our admin. messed up. If you only knew our coach like we did.

What "truth" is there to know? They're making it sound like Bo has cancer or something and resigned. This smacks of Bo injecting some conspiracy theory into the player's minds about how everyone was out to get him.

Just my guess: Bo's narrative is that Perlman never liked him, or perhaps didn't like him after the A&M incident, and so waited for TO to retire and brought in Eichorst to fire Bo at the appropriate time.

Bo did have an excuse for everything. Wouldn't surprise me if he passed the blame on something else again...

• Fire 1

Count, what if he explained the rumored ultimatum that led to his firing? Maybe he didn't want to burden or pressure them with that during the season. They were blindsided by a email on a Sunday morning after an emotional win and finally got the chance to hear from their coach who was unexpectedly fired. I don't think everything has to be so devious. Some have made Pelini personal, and they are only seeing things one way. I don't know what happened in that room, but I respect their privacy and am glad they got the chance to say goodbye to their coach and mentor.

well ill admit quick and in a hurry that i am overreacting a little. But some of these statements just agrevate me. Theres bee. An obvious lack of education that is necessary for guys to play in the proverbial fishbowl. The whole meeting thing is fine and all no issue with that. But why so much angst towards fans and the admin all the time? Tey dont think this sh#t up on tgeir own. Its been reciprocated to them over and over.

Charles davis said it best. Im not realy mad. My feelings are hurt.

If I had to take a shot in the dark about this, I'd guess Pelini was told he needed to make staff changes or he'd be gone. A lot of players mentioned "morals" and "integrity" in the their posts.

Also a good theory. If that's the case, then I am going to take a shot in the dark myself and guess that none of these players will ever make a good CEO or manager if they think "morals" and "integrity" means using your authority to hire your friends for jobs they are not qualified to do, then refusing to fire them even when it's painfully obvious to the unbiased that they aren't doing their jobs.

• Fire 1

Mauro Bondi@mbondi37[/size] 13m13 minutes ago

Bo talks to us like we're his own kids and EIchorst talks to us like we're the media. Coach Bo is man and a father figure! Thanks coach #FOE

Steve @StepDaddyFinnin[/size] · 7m7 minutes ago

If there's not a ring on our finger after next year then y'all better riot until we have new admin. That's all I'm saying.

Steve @StepDaddyFinnin[/size] · 18m18 minutes ago

If you guys only knew how bad our admin. messed up. If you only knew our coach like we did.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of program we had under Bo.

The new coach has some cleanup to do.

Time and turnover blows these issues over. It's a shame we're even at this juncture, but it is what it is. Good luck with whatever, Bo. Still a good coach. I'm beyond ready for Nebraska to move on.

• Fire 2

This group of kids may never respect us as fans because of this.

Does this include the fans that take to twitter and smack talk to these guys when they make a mistake on the field? Like DPE after the Minnesota game?

For every one person attacting them on Twitter there's a hundred others defending them. If they're letting those few fans get in their heads then they need a coach who can teach them to toughen up and deal with it, especially the ones that want to go to the NFL....

Or a coach that tells them no social media.
disagree. Thats the world we live in. Theyre there to get educated too. Dont hide em from the realities of life. Educate em on it. I GUARANTEE you its going on at most places but not here. The resilts speak for themselves. Just teachem. Its not rocket science. Its common sense. Lifes gonna be difficult for some of these guys regardless how ready they think they are. Mark it.

Count, what if he explained the rumored ultimatum that led to his firing? Maybe he didn't want to burden or pressure them with that during the season. They were blindsided by a email on a Sunday morning after an emotional win and finally got the chance to hear from their coach who was unexpectedly fired. I don't think everything has to be so devious. Some have made Pelini personal, and they are only seeing things one way. I don't know what happened in that room, but I respect their privacy and am glad they got the chance to say goodbye to their coach and mentor.

well ill admit quick and in a hurry that i am overreacting a little. But some of these statements just agrevate me. Theres bee. An obvious lack of education that is necessary for guys to play in the proverbial fishbowl. The whole meeting thing is fine and all no issue with that. But why so much angst towards fans and the admin all the time? Tey dont think this sh#t up on tgeir own. Its been reciprocated to them over and over.

Preach it, brother. I suspect you're a bit drunk, but I like it. Would give you plus one, but I'm outta bullets for the day.

I'm starting to think that unless the players tweeted " bo is a dick, most of huskerboard is right" most of you would find something to be upset about or overreact to

I'd say you're not off to a very good start . . .

I'm cool with support for Bo. I don't dig the swipes at the AD, the fans, or the program. And I'm leery of the "now we see the light, Dear Leader" David Koresh-sounding stuff.

• Fire 2

If this is too off-topic, please move...

I figured out what bothers me about this situation. Cult warning signs:

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
9. The group/leader is always right.
10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

EDIT: I'm sure it's just my paranoia...

Preach it, brother. I suspect you're a bit drunk, but I like it. Would give you plus one, but I'm outta bullets for the day.

not drunk. Just iphone, fat fingers, and autocorrect off. Its up to you guys to interpret