Player tweets on Pelini firing

Obviously what Eichorst is doing, which is the search & hiring of a new Head Football Coach, is more important. Does that even need to be said?

I don't think it will or should take 4-5 years to flush anything, but the new guy has to take back the team for the school, and that's a considerable challenge. Right now they're Bo's Family. Which is understandable, and not a poor reflection on Bo except for how he uses it, but it's not Nebraska.

I just get the feeling Bo wants his guys to avenge him. At Nebraska's expense.

• Fire 1

There is some strange dynamic at play here. Finnin is just straight up MAD. Yet, you get the exact opposite from a Kenny Bell than would you would expect. The perceived leaders, ala Abdullah, Gregory, Cotton, Cooper, remain silent after last night. There seems like an obvious difference in mindsets on the situation. I dont know.

Obviously what Eichorst is doing, which is the search & hiring of a new Head Football Coach, is more important. Does that even need to be said?I don't think it will or should take 4-5 years to flush anything, but the new guy has to take back the team for the school, and that's a considerable challenge. Right now they're Bo's Family. Which is understandable, and not a poor reflection on Bo except for how he uses it, but it's not Nebraska.I just get the feeling Bo wants his guys to avenge him. At Nebraska's expense.

We flushed when we let Pelini go. This could take a few flushes to avoid a bad bowl.

What Eichorst is up to right now is a lot more important that what Pelini is up to right now.

What Pelini is doing could completely derail everything Eichorst is doing. The last thing we need is the new guy coming in to a situation where the team is already against him. It'll take 4-5 years to flush that completely out of the program.

This is turning into a situation like Texas where Strong had to clean house early.

Would that be such a bad thing? One of the reasons we've regressed these past three years is primarily because we've become a team of I's. It didn't take a rocket scientist this year to figure out when the game turned against us just exactly which players on the team we could count on to suddenly get "hurt". The player development the past few years has been shoddy at best. I think there needs to be a "cleansing" of the team. There were a lot of the guys on the team that didn't exactly play for the team.

this is gonna get ugly. finnin's comments didn't just come out of the blue. this is going to get worse before it gets better. bo's departure has been toxic, and it didn't have to be that way. in the end, it might save the university some money though because i'll 100% guarentee you there is non disparagement agreement in the university docs he signed. i've never worked a job that didn't have one, don't think the university would be any different.

If you're basing your assessment of the team off of what Finnin tweets, you are extremely likely to be terribly misguided.

• Fire 2

What concerns me now is the thought of the new coach having to clean house like Charlie Strong and the Boleivers saying "see" after the team goes through a rough 2015 season. My expectations are already tempered...even if Tressel comes in. It's going to take some time to rebuild the mindset of these guys...to get them to buy in and then be able to practice their new behaviors.

Mauro Bondi@mbondi37[/size] 13m13 minutes ago

Bo talks to us like we're his own kids and EIchorst talks to us like we're the media. Coach Bo is man and a father figure! Thanks coach #FOE

Said the guy who posted this to the public on Twitter. Gosh, why would Shawn measure his words?

Bondi's tweet stuck out to me, too. At the risk of looking too closely into words which may have been chosen off-the-cuff, Bondi equates Eichorst's behavior toward the players to how "the media" is treated.

But... how is the media treated? What metric is he using to measure that? Presumably he's using Bo's, and Bo famously has great disdain for the media. That is not a healthy metric by which to measure anything.

That line about "the media" struck me as symptomatic of the bunker mentality we've seen from North Stadium. The sooner that mentality is washed away from this team the better. If for no other reason, ridding ourselves of that mentality is worth a coaching change.

• Fire 3

this is gonna get ugly. finnin's comments didn't just come out of the blue. this is going to get worse before it gets better. bo's departure has been toxic, and it didn't have to be that way. in the end, it might save the university some money though because i'll 100% guarentee you there is non disparagement agreement in the university docs he signed. i've never worked a job that didn't have one, don't think the university would be any different.

If you're basing your assessment of the team off of what Finnin tweets, you are extremely likely to be terribly misguided.

If you're brushing it off as though it's isolated to a single individual on this team you are extremely likely to be terribly misguided.

If you're brushing it off as though it's isolated to a single individual on this team you are extremely likely to be terribly misguided.

The "worst" have been from him. There have been a couple other comments. The vast majority said nothing other than a thank you and appreciation for Bo.

Bo talks to us like we're his own kids and EIchorst talks to us like we're the media. Coach Bo is man and a father figure! Thanks coach #FOE

Said the guy who posted this to the public on Twitter. Gosh, why would Shawn measure his words?

Bondi's tweet stuck out to me, too. At the risk of looking too closely into words which may have been chosen off-the-cuff, Bondi equates Eichorst's behavior toward the players to how "the media" is treated.

But... how is the media treated? What metric is he using to measure that? Presumably he's using Bo's, and Bo famously has great disdain for the media. That is not a healthy metric by which to measure anything.

That line about "the media" struck me as symptomatic of the bunker mentality we've seen from North Stadium. The sooner that mentality is washed away from this team the better. If for no other reason, ridding ourselves of that mentality is worth a coaching change.

The players were informed about the firing through a publicist crafted email on a Sunday morning. That sounds exactly like how the administration treated the media.

The players were informed about the firing through a publicist crafted email on a Sunday morning. That sounds exactly like how the administration treated the media.

Ding ding.

Ding ding.

But the players were away for the holidays after the Iowa game. How else t do you tell them ?? Wait for all of them to get back ?? I think not.

Ding ding.

yeah, i hate when people take the coward's way and just issue a statement. even though eichorst really had no choice in this instance.

• Fire 1