Disappointed with all the negativity

Beemer13

I'm with you Beemer. New coach, new hope. Big programs have wanted him. I see no value in anything but full support. If he does well, Eichorst is a genius. If he does fair, at least we won't be embarrassed by a temper tantrum throwing coach. If he fails, we'll try again, maybe with a new AD. But it's going to be good. Have a bit of patience for the turnover to the new staff, and I'll bet he takes us higher than we got with Bo or Cally.

I want to be with you, but then I get that vision of his record. I read more positives, then I get that vision of his record, more positives, more visions. One thing I am proud of is being part of the Husker fan family. Can't family members talk among themselves?

I suppose, but this is kind of like bitching and moaning about family members while sitting in a restaurant or at the mall or anywhere else in public, rather than in private. Anyone can hear you, and it just doesn't seem productive. Maybe there's nothing really wrong with it, but why start the new staff off on the wrong foot, and rub new recruits and current team members the wrong way? The guy has been hired, so there's nothing really to be done other than to support it, or at least wait and see, or to just stop following the Huskers, which you don't seem to want to do. Complaining about it is another clear option, but like I said, that doesn't seem productive, or fun. Put the scarlet colored glasses on for the off season, is my opinion.

Oh, you're absolutely right, but I just got that vision again. :dunno

Truly hasn't been a better week in the last 7 years for me. We have a man that wants the job, isn't looking to leave every time the heat gets turned up. Not looking for the end of the rainbow. Wants to be involved with the fans and state he will follow our history and tradition. Very much reminds me of Tom Osborne, only a talkative one!!!

I am tired of the negativity, I think we all are.

Give this guy a chance, be the fans we claim to be. He has never done anything against this program. That is a vast improvement over his predecessor.

Clean slate, lets start being Nebraska again. It starts with Coach Riley and each and everyone of us. Lets be the best fans in college football.

+1

I have seen a lot of negative posts, but I would say it's mostly because we are all fans here, and we want the Huskers to be really good again. We want to win conference championships and be in the mix for either one of the prestigious bowl games or the national championship. The last decade has been hard on all of us (at least for me anyway, but I think most would agree). I think Bo did an okay job and brought some hope back after Callahan, but he didn't get us to quite the spot we wanted to be in. Enter Mike Riley. I'm anxious to see what kind of staff he surrounds himself with, what they can do with this year's recruiting class, and what the team will look like next year.

FWIW, going for two was the right call.

I conquer. :) Nicely said!

OSU alum here and now a Nebraska supporter simply because you guys had the intelligence to hire Mike Riley. I get the apprehension a lot of you have about Riley...I really do however, you now have a gem of a coach. Some of you look at his record and think "eh...mediocre record" but honestly, the difficulties of recruiting and coaching at OSU are so profoundly deep and complex it's difficult to understand unless you've followed the OSU program for years. The unhappiness with Riley has come from his inability to take the 2nd smallest funded program in the PAC12 to the Rose Bowl every 2-3 years while the fanbase watches Oregon in the CFP final 4. The rivalry is intense and the hatred real between the two fanbases and yes...the jealousy very real. A 9 win season at OSU is a National Championship if you ask me.

Many OSU fans are now going to be watching Nebraska very closely and there is a deep sense of regret for the poor treatment he's received the last 2-3 years. Mike Riley turned OSU into a job that isn't the most embarrassing in college football. He was so successful there he actually changed people's perceptions that people could win at OSU despite the long history to the contrary. A 6 win season was so rare...OSU holds the record for the most losing seasons in a row...28. No one at Nebraska can even come close to understanding that level of futility.

Riley will win 9 games a year...but he will need 2 years to get there. He is an AMAZING QB coach and will produce heisman candidates. His offense is difficult to pick up and so the first year QB will struggle but still put up big numbers, including interceptions unfortunately. He will produce a fantastic running game but get pass happy sometimes. He will lay at least 1 egg a year and then produce when the time comes in the biggest games of the year. His football IQ is unreal and yea, everything you've heard about him is true, he's the nicest guy in college football who gets his players to perform way beyond their skill set. The players love him. He turns walkons into NFL calibre players. Forget what you've heard about Dennis Erickson being the reason for OSU's 2000 fiesta bowl. DE was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time and when he left, his record was terrible and his recruiting was also. Riley is the guy who turned OSU into a good PAC12 team that everyone was afraid to play.

Great hire for Nebraska and given a solid 4-5 years he will have the Husker Nation excited about each year and one thing you'll love about him...No one in the nation will ever say "he wins but at what cost to our pride and reputation?". You won't see him on SportsCenter being mocked and no parent will regret sending their son to play for him because Riley treats them like dirt.

• Fire 7

Would rather face USC than run-heavy auburn

If Einchorst wouldn't of said money is no object that i dont think alot of people would question his move. They would of questioned it to an extent but maybe been like well this is what he could get. But when you say money isnt an issue you think hes gonna throw the bank vault and Saban, or Miles, or even Tressel to get the job done here. He didnt do that so alot of people are taken back by it.

People would have bitched about whatever coach was hired whether it was Riley, Tressel, Saban or Meyer. People would have found a reason to bitch. It's the nature of Huskerboard. Eichorst, believe it or not, was in a lose-lose situation. He wasn't going to make everyone happy.

SE old have hired god himself with Jesus as his assistant and couple people on here would complain.

Till Bo is rehired there will be handfull of people that won't be happy. And we all know who they are

I am a Husker fan through and through, but I can't help but be disappointed (borderline disgusted) with this hire. We fire a coach that went 9-3 for a guy who went 5-7 this year and is barely above .500 career? It doesn't make any sense. All the talk about he didn't have the resources at OSU to be successful and blah blah blah, is just talk. When I look at this guy I don't see a future Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Carroll, Tressel, Bielma, or big time coach. I see a guy who is not suited for being in the spotlight of a big time program.

When SE fired Pelini, I was expecting a splash hire... Mullen, Addazio, Schiano, etc., but what I feel we got is a dud. And I feel as though his recent hires only confirm my concerns. I wish him the best and will root for the team regardless, but I have a strong feeling this won't end well.

Good god. You need some facts before posting again. Schiano..a splash hire. SMH. Did you and your ESP glasses see Saban doing this good at bama since his career was a failure up till then ?? Well. Do you know where corvallis OR is ?? People think Lincoln is in the sticks, go to Corvallis. Lincoln is like buying a Toyota corolla after driving a beat up AMC pacer.

I'm with you, Beemer, but I think it's really a minority with the negativity. And a lot of the skepticism, in my opinion, comes from the fact that we didn't know the guy's name. I doubt Frost or Whittingham or Narduzzi or whatever other coordinator would really be a better candidate, but those were the names thrown about.

one thing for sure, this hire will define Echorist!

I'm just really impressed with the professionalism of our AD. I like the way he does things and hope he sticks around for quite some time. Definitely hope this hire rewards the AD's faith in him.Think about Foley at Florida, though. This is the guy that hired Ron Zook. And then Urban Meyer. And then Will Muschamp. And now Jim McElwain. Getting an elite coach is a risky dice roll. Though I think the classy mutual exit with Muschamp is definitely to his credit.

I like how Foley handled everything. Amicable breakup, and very transparent coaching search. I could do without SE cloak and dagger approach. But I do think he carried himself well in the presser

I am a Husker fan through and through, but I can't help but be disappointed (borderline disgusted) with this hire. We fire a coach that went 9-3 for a guy who went 5-7 this year and is barely above .500 career? It doesn't make any sense. All the talk about he didn't have the resources at OSU to be successful and blah blah blah, is just talk. When I look at this guy I don't see a future Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Carroll, Tressel, Bielma, or big time coach. I see a guy who is not suited for being in the spotlight of a big time program.

When SE fired Pelini, I was expecting a splash hire... Mullen, Addazio, Schiano, etc., but what I feel we got is a dud. And I feel as though his recent hires only confirm my concerns. I wish him the best and will root for the team regardless, but I have a strong feeling this won't end well.

Good god. You need some facts before posting again. Schiano..a splash hire. SMH. Did you and your ESP glasses see Saban doing this good at bama since his career was a failure up till then ?? Well. Do you know where corvallis OR is ?? People think Lincoln is in the sticks, go to Corvallis. Lincoln is like buying a Toyota corolla after driving a beat up AMC pacer.

I think Saban won a National Championship and Conference Championship before going to BAMA.

I don't know Corvallis, but what I do know is that last year Riley lost, at home, to an FCS team.

• Fire 3