Tanking on purpose

Forgive me if this has been said....but....

I was reading all the other threads. I find it odd to hire a coach without really any kind of interview process. What was that conversation like? Hey want a job....Maybe....it's Nebraska....OK.

Part of me thinks that he hired this coach because he wants him to only win 7 games for a bit. I know that sounds crazy...but by then other great coaches will forget the "I fired the 9 wins per season" guy. Then they might want to come in here and try to build a Champion. At that point it might be too late and the damage has been done...dont you think we have hurt long enough since Clown - a - han.

Problem I have is that great coaches figure out how to win no matter what their talent or circumstance (Duke, Baylor, Kstate, heck even Kansas at one point). Please don't point to his bowl wins....winning the independence bowl and the hawaii bowl can be done with the old staff. Just because this guy has access to more resources does not mean he will be any different.

I want to eat crow so much...but I just do not see the next 5 years being very nice to us Husker fans. Please let me be wrong

With that said...i will be sitting on my couch come the first game next year..and cheering on my team no matter what my feelings of the hire. GBR!!!!!!

Babbling off!

:boxosoap:rant

You're over-thinking this.

I was reading all the other threads. I find it odd to hire a coach without really any kind of interview process. What was that conversation like? Hey want a job....Maybe....it's Nebraska....OK.

Part of me thinks that he hired this coach because he wants him to only win 7 games for a bit. I know that sounds crazy...but by then other great coaches will forget the "I fired the 9 wins per season" guy. Then they might want to come in here and try to build a Champion. At that point it might be too late and the damage has been done...dont you think we have hurt long enough since Clown - a - han.

Problem I have is that great coaches figure out how to win no matter what their talent or circumstance (Duke, Baylor, Kstate, heck even Kansas at one point). Please don't point to his bowl wins....winning the independence bowl and the hawaii bowl can be done with the old staff. Just because this guy has access to more resources does not mean he will be any different.

I want to eat crow so much...but I just do not see the next 5 years being very nice to us Husker fans. Please let me be wrong

With that said...i will be sitting on my couch come the first game next year..and cheering on my team no matter what my feelings of the hire. GBR!!!!!!

Babbling off!

giphy.gif

Babbling off!

You're over-thinking this.

...or under thinking it... :)

• Fire 1

Babbling off!

bath-wtf-guy-duck-1001830.gif

Babbling off!

post-12834-0-06823400-1418434877_thumb.gif

• Fire 1

• 9 months later...

Could be. After we fired. Solich, Ferentz was asked if he would consider NU job in a radio interview, wish I could find the origial interview. However I remember him saying under no circumstances would he go to NU they just fired a 9 wins coach.

Could be as in this could help us in the long run.

As being intentional I don't think it was I just dont think the red headed ginger devil who shall not be named, does not care about NU football he said his number one priority for the new HC would be academics...

As far as if this board reflects our current fans mentality.

NU has become toxic.

I can't see any coach besides Mr. Rogers taking things to a different level.

I however do not care for MR but I love his warm glass of milk mentality. Maybe after we fire him we can get someone who has some fire in there belly.

By the way who here is excited as I am for Wisconsin next week?

• 2 years later...