I'm thinking of getting a cheap pistol now that some fuckwad has been getting into my apartment. I can't afford a more expensive one but I've been reading up on the Cobras and generally they had good reviews. Most people said you have to break them in, tend to jam at first. Does anyone thoughts on these?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/12/jeremy-s/gun-review-cobra-ca380-cheapest-handgun-america/

If you want a cheap, reliable pistol you could get a used revolver of some sort. But if you're not set on a pistol and just want something cheap for home defense purposes you might consider buying a little 20 gauge pump action shotgun with a short (but legal) barrel. They're pretty small; you could easily tuck it under your bed. And you probly wouldn't even need to fire a shot if someone breaks in. The pump action sound of chambering a shell will scare the sh#t out of anyone in your place.

• Fire 1

If you want a cheap, reliable pistol you could get a used revolver of some sort. But if you're not set on a pistol and just want something cheap for home defense purposes you might consider buying a little 20 gauge pump action shotgun with a short (but legal) barrel. They're pretty small; you could easily tuck it under your bed. And you probly wouldn't even need to fire a shot if someone breaks in. The pump action sound of chambering a shell will scare the sh#t out of anyone in your place.

+1. This is probably the best option.

AtB, do you have much experience with guns?