House Majority Whip, Scalise (R-La), featured speaker at white supremacist conference

Wow. Just when I though that my cynicism mostly prevented me from being stunned about political revelations.

Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), the House majority whip, acknowledged Monday that he spoke at a gathering hosted by white nationalist leaders while serving as a state representative in 2002, thrusting a racial controversy into House Republican ranks days before the party assumes control of both congressional chambers.

The 48-year-old Scalise, who ascended to the House GOPs third-ranking post earlier this year, confirmed that he once appeared at a convention of the European-American Unity and Rights Organization.

That organization, founded by former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/12/29/house-majority-whip-scalise-acknowledges-speaking-at-white-nationalist-event-in-2002/?postshare=4511419886090562

If someone has ANY doubt as to whether Scalise knew exactly who he was talking to they need to refresh their knowledge of La. political history.

We will learn a bit more about who the GOP is and what they stand for from their reaction to this news.

My guess? It's shrugged off and he keeps his leadership position. Alternatively they can prove that they don't deserve their reputation as the party of bigotry.

If someone has ANY doubt as to whether Scalise knew exactly who he was talking to they need to refresh their knowledge of La. political history.

We will learn a bit more about who the GOP is and what they stand for from their reaction to this news.

My guess? It's shrugged off and he keeps his leadership position. Alternatively they can prove that they don't deserve their reputation as the party of bigotry.

Here's the problem though, the Democrats have leaders that have very questionable ties to some bigoted folk.

Here's the problem though, the Democrats have leaders that have very questionable ties to some bigoted folk.

And many of us have grandparents, great grandparents, great aunts and uncles that view the world through a messed up lens also. This is a generational thing unfortunately. Politically and not. Look at the people representing us in our government though, it's ridiculous. The generational gap is huge as far as political and social views. Probably as big as its ever been. Yet young people are failing themselves by not representing themselves.

This generation needs to die off. I don't think it's strictly one political group or the other.

To be fair, there are older people that seem to "get it" and still young people that don't.

Which ones?

Which ones?

Well Obama is associated with a domestic terrorist, but I don't think Ayers is bigoted.

Well Obama is associated with a domestic terrorist, but I don't think Ayers is bigoted.

I think that if Obama had been the featured speaker at a Weather Underground event that it would be a big deal.

Nah, according to Fox News, racism is now only found in history books.....

Oddly enough . . . Fox is entirely silent. They must not have received the officially approved messaging yet.

Go see for yourself . . . go to Fox News and search for "Scalise." Zero results from the last 24 hours. Fair and balanced. Heh.

I can't wait until all the baby boomers are dead

Worst American generation that ever lived, and my generation has to live with the consequences

Let's kill them. Seriously. Like. Gas chambers. Round 'em all up and put them in labor camps in the meantime.

I can't wait until all the baby boomers are dead

Worst American generation that ever lived, and my generation has to live with the consequences

They make a great case on why we should have an age cap on voting. We have an age min, a max is not such a bad idea either. There reaches a point where the majority of the old people are so disconnected with the modern world, and won't live long enough to deal with the major consequences of their votes and actions.