House Majority Whip, Scalise (R-La), featured speaker at white supremacist conference

I can't wait until all the baby boomers are dead

Worst American generation that ever lived, and my generation has to live with the consequences

Let's kill them. Seriously. Like. Gas chambers. Round 'em all up and put them in labor camps in the meantime.

Excuse me?

Worst American generation that ever lived, and my generation has to live with the consequences

Let's kill them. Seriously. Like. Gas chambers. Round 'em all up and put them in labor camps in the meantime.

Excuse me?

I was trying to come up with a comment equally as ridiculous as your own. Seems like I nailed it.

• Fire 1

If someone has ANY doubt as to whether Scalise knew exactly who he was talking to they need to refresh their knowledge of La. political history.

We will learn a bit more about who the GOP is and what they stand for from their reaction to this news.

My guess? It's shrugged off and he keeps his leadership position. Alternatively they can prove that they don't deserve their reputation as the party of bigotry.

Here's the problem though, the Democrats have leaders that have very questionable ties to some bigoted folk.

Which ones?

There are several people, including Obama, that have very questionable ties to bigots. And I know you know that.

It's bad this guy is a whip, it will probably end soon.

Fox News, and Msnbc---even cnn, are horrible.

But I'm very curious as to why -this guy- is an impediment to who the GOP nomination is. When we know full well there's a horrible part of the dnc base that any candidate with have to appeal to.

There are several people, including Obama, that have very questionable ties to bigots. And I know you know that.

What/who specifically are you talking about?

Fox News, and Msnbc---even cnn, are horrible.

And Fox is indisputably the worst of the bunch. The other two have inherent bias but they are still news organizations. Fox isn't a news organization . . . it's a GOP propaganda arm.

Here's some proof. This is their coverage of this story over the last 24 hours:

SnFOzAm.png

But I'm very curious as to why -this guy- is an impediment to who the GOP nomination is.

Eh?

Why, because our generation gave birth to you???? :sarcasm & couldn't resist the obvious dig. (PS: Glad you are here TSCHU)

I do agree that the baby boom generation was the most materialistic and 'me' centered generation that I know of. Big spending in every way - govt, personal.

Anyone heard of Robert Bird - former Dem maj leader of the Senate (RIP) I'll give him credit, in his later years, he 'repented' of his KKK early years per this Wiki article.

He eventually earned a 100% rating by the NAACP. So people can change there stupid ways.

Hopefully this numskull republican will do the same thing.

This article speaks of several dems and a few repubs were KKK members or leaned that way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_members_in_United_States_politics

Robert Byrd
190px-Robert_Byrd_official_portrait.jpg
Senator Robert Byrd was a Kleagle, a Klan recruiter, in his 20s and 30s.

West Virginia's Democratic United States Senator Robert C. Byrd was a recruiter for the Klan while in his 20s and 30s, rising to the title of Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops of his local chapter. After leaving the group, Byrd spoke in favor of the Klan during his early political career. Though he claimed to have left the organization in 1943, Byrd wrote a letter in 1946 to the group's Imperial Wizard stating "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia." Byrd defended the Klan in his 1958 U.S. Senate campaign when he was 41 years old.[9]

Despite being the only Senator to vote against both African American U.S. Supreme Court nominees (liberal Thurgood Marshall and conservative Clarence Thomas) and filibustering the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Byrd has since said joining the Klan was his "greatest mistake." The NAACP gave him a 100% rating on their issues during the 108th Congress.[10] However, in a 2001 incident Byrd repeatedly used the phrase "white African-Americans" on a national television broadcast.[11]

Robert Byrd was a Democratic Senator for West Virginia for over 50 years before dying while holding office. While everybody else was off fighting the Second World War, Byrd started and led his own Klu Klux Klan chapter.

This is common knowledge, and a poor reflection on what passes for Congressional timber. So I don't see how the Dems can throw stones in their glass houses.

Robert Byrd was a Democratic Senator for West Virginia for over 50 years before dying while holding office. While everybody else was off fighting the Second World War, Byrd started and led his own Klu Klux Klan chapter.

This is common knowledge, and a poor reflection on what passes for Congressional timber. So I don't see how the Dems can throw stones in their glass houses.

Didn't Byrd renounce his prior actions and apologize repeatedly?

I don't believe that Scalise has apologized beyond saying that it was a mistake that he regrets before promptly turning it into an attack on his political opponents.

Again, I think that the focus by some on actions pre-civil rights era is awfully revealing. It's almost like we aren't supposed to care about recent history. Weird. :P

Didn't Byrd renounce his prior actions and apologize repeatedly?

I don't believe that Scalise has apologized beyond saying that it was a mistake that he regrets before promptly turning it into an attack on his political opponents.

Again, I think that the focus by some on actions pre-civil rights era is awfully revealing. It's almost like we aren't supposed to care about recent history. Weird. :P

I just love the defense of "Well, that dead guy over there did worse" like that is somehow an excuse for someone else's actions.

• Fire 2