**** Official Guitar Player Thread ****

Same guys video was the final sales point for me as well actually.

Now that is just too damn funny...

I wanted to ask, how do you like the Artcore?

It has some nice tone, definitely works better for more mellow stuff. A metal guitar it is not. I also find that the neck is no where near as comfortable as the neck on my LTD. Its a bit thicker, and I end up with more muscle fatigue quickly. So overall, its nice, but it would never be my primary.

kinda what I figured, I played one of these a couple months ago, and I was hooked, which is surprising, because for the most part, I hate Fenders...

http://www.fender.com/guitars/stratocaster/modern-player-stratocaster-hsh/product-0242100.html

Same guys video was the final sales point for me as well actually.

Now that is just too damn funny...

I wanted to ask, how do you like the Artcore?

It has some nice tone, definitely works better for more mellow stuff. A metal guitar it is not. I also find that the neck is no where near as comfortable as the neck on my LTD. Its a bit thicker, and I end up with more muscle fatigue quickly. So overall, its nice, but it would never be my primary.

kinda what I figured, I played one of these a couple months ago, and I was hooked, which is surprising, because for the most part, I hate Fenders...

http://www.fender.com/guitars/stratocaster/modern-player-stratocaster-hsh/product-0242100.html

I'm with you, Fender is not my preferred.

My primary, and its a great fit for me.

http://www.espguitars.com/products/9676-h-351-stblk?category_id=1963298-h-series

Getting a floating bridge set up is harder than building a computer, or doing most work on cars, its just ridiculous. I totally underestimated how difficult it would be to do on my own. And for what little it actually does, its just not worth it. To say nothing about the complete inability to change tunings without a guitar tech.

Getting a floating bridge set up is harder than building a computer, or doing most work on cars, its just ridiculous. I totally underestimated how difficult it would be to do on my own. And for what little it actually does, its just not worth it. To say nothing about the complete inability to change tunings without a guitar tech.

oh, my dumb ass found out about that the hard way...

I was trying to go to Drop C, and completely f*cked everything up to the point I had to go get it set up which was all said and done cost me 90 bucks...

Don't hate, but I picked up the Rocksmith on Playstation and have been learning to play via Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014. Played it a bunch (starting from absolute scratch) on an Epiphone Les Paul Special that I picked up off ebay but my photography/videography started picking up at the same time so I put the guitar down for a bit to ride the photo/video wave.

Got to the point where I could play from sight off the game at about an intermediate level and could dabble a bit outside of the game. Can't read music for the life of me and only really scraped the surface learning from tabs. I play every couple of months now and can jump back in and pick it up pretty quick but just can't get back into it seriously yet.

since my status update got so many good hits, why not...

I think the neck on my Epiphone might be jacked. It buzzes only from the 5th fret to the 12th, then is fine...

Good news walks! You can still play all most all the country you want and all the classic rock solos you want if you do nothing.

no hate at all, at least you're not the "I played guitar hero, so I know how to play guitar" guy...

That game was so stupid, I could never play it. Nothing even close to the real thing.

Don't hate, but I picked up the Rocksmith on Playstation and have been learning to play via Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014. Played it a bunch (starting from absolute scratch) on an Epiphone Les Paul Special that I picked up off ebay but my photography/videography started picking up at the same time so I put the guitar down for a bit to ride the photo/video wave.

Got to the point where I could play from sight off the game at about an intermediate level and could dabble a bit outside of the game. Can't read music for the life of me and only really scraped the surface learning from tabs. I play every couple of months now and can jump back in and pick it up pretty quick but just can't get back into it seriously yet.

I have both Rocksmith games, they are awesome. Plugging in a real guitar is great, and it does help to learn absolutely.

• Fire 1

Well, I was hoping I was just losing my hearing due to being almost as old as Knapp, but the fret buzz is real, I'm taking it in Saturday...

It can be annoying as hell. And ruin the playing experience even. My Artcore's E buzzes badly if I downtune at all, so that one pretty much gets left in standard. Which is a big part of what pushed me to buy the LTD. Even in D drop C I don't get much buzz on the E, other than if I get aggressive and let it sustain.