Jay Norvell is a husker!!

Fanatic

Good. Now we can begin the real work.

Not suprising to see the Wisconsin lineage.

Also of note, he does have goals to be a head coach someday, so we probably wont have him for long. But then again most assis coaches have those aspirations, so what the hell.

The association between Norvell and Callahan goes back to when both served on Wisconsin Coach Barry Alvarez's staff in the early 1990s.

"He's an outstanding coach and, no doubt, will make an excellent head coach some day," Callahan said. "I know it's his aspiration and I know he feels compelled to succeed.

I like the "mix" of coaches. I think we have incredible coaching talent, now let's see if they can all work together. I am hoping to eventually hear from some of the players and am curious to find out how they respond to these guys. If these guys can all work together i.e. Cosgrove, Blake, Busch and Elmassian I think we'll do well. Obviously Callahan, Norvell, and Jordan have history together, and I hope Gill, Downing, and Wagner fill in nicely. Let's pray for great teamwork. It sounds like this group has a great attitude and work ethic...hopefully the players will respond favorably, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Let's rock and roll baby!

Alright! Good to see. Yes the important part is the synergy of the coaches. A lot of seemingly very talented minds, now can they all play their roles and not get in each others way. Wow we just have SO much work to do in such a short period of time. Im sorry guys, but Im really thinking we could possibly drop 4-5 games this next season. With ALL new coaches, AND a new offense in one off season?!! Wow. If these guys pull it off, i.e. 9-2, 8-3 it will be huge. Im looking forward to watching history unfold!! GBR!

• 6 months later...