A new signee, possibly?

Fanatic

Yeh think yur numbers are purdy close to what NU Era reported in another thread:

Ive heard that a kid named John Vigers will be in town this Sunday. He's 6-2, 200 and runs a 4.5 40. We're recruiting him for safety, b/c he's a big kid but couldnt keep up with WRs. He also has offers from Ole Miss, Tulane, & Mcneese St. Ok St is also showing interest. This would fill a hole in our secondary nicely.

I am from Baton Rouge, LA and I want to let you know that Vigers is an outstanding talent who was the star of his high school team. He played linebacker in high school but is to small for that in college, and is a big time hitter.

I also heard that Jay Lucas, out of Baton Rouge, is going to be at Nebraska next year. He has been a stud at running back since his freshman year. He is a very powerful runner and would be a very good pickup. He is the #28th running back in the nation according to rivals.com. I don't have any sources except from Jay Lucas himself.

Very nice. Thanks for the info LSU. But Im not so sure about your "source". I mean, cant you do any better than the player himself?! Comeon!! Brothers roommates old 3rd grade teachers fiance is more along the lines of what we're used to. :)

On another front, we're looking at a RB from a HS in Miami named Gartrell Shavers. He was a Rivals 1 star, but led Miami-Dade County in rushing this season with 1,639 yards.

Seems the issue may be an academic thing, and he'll prolly end up at Butler in Kansas, the JUCO feeder for that CC in Manhattan.

Height: 6-foot-0

Weight: 205 pounds

40-yard dash: 4.5 seconds

Art: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...rts/7924515.htm

Not sure about this Vigers kid. dont even think he visited this wknd. hurd he is kinda sketchy at best so theyre not relly sure where he stands. might go juco. forget about him for now.

that Jay Lucas kid sounds promising tho thnx for the info 2600. by chance ya got any links to some highlights or local papers with his info or articles about him?

Like Bob said, this one is kinda sketchy. Last I heard we will most likely only be offering him a "grayshirt", which is asking him to walk-on and earn a schollie. I guess there are rumors that his family has been less than honest with schools in the past, so this could have something to do with schools hesitating with him. Currently only has an offer from Mcneese St, so that should say enough.

We'll see..

Very nice. thnx 2600. So do you know if Nebraska has reciprocated interest? I would assume so, but hadnt heard anything about him, and hes not even listed as someone we were heavily pursuing. is it maybe b/c we thought he was a lock to LSU?

heres his bio guys:

Jay Lucas

Baton Rouge (LA)

Redemptorist

Running back / Athlete

Height: 5-foot-11

Weight: 224 pounds

40-yard dash: 4.51 seconds

Bench max: 275 pounds

Squat max: 485 pounds

Vertical leap: 36 inches

GPA: 2.83

Biography:

A powerful running back that led his high school to a perfect 15-0 record and state championship last season as a junior. He rushed for 2,334 yards and 34 touchdowns, including 4 scores and 257 yards in the title game.

"I practice hard and lift weights a lot. I have strong legs and run up the middle well. I'm a tough runner. My speed, footwork and cutting could be better."

BPs 265/SQs 585

Final SR (14-1, 3A state champs) stats: 1651 yds/24 TDs

Like LSU2600 said, and tigerrag.com has confirmed that Jay said he will sign with NU.

Thanks again 2600!!