taylor and beck

We all know that taylor has the starting job this year but alot of people are speculating that beck will be comming in to do the clean up work. it sounds like a good idea but the teams we that will be clean up games will be la tech and nicholles state and those games lead into usc. you only hear good things about beck but i have to admit i am still kinda nervous that beck would not be able to take over. he looked horrible at colorado and is 1-10 with only 1 good pass. is it a good idea to take taylor out of a game?

Honestly, I wouldn't get worked up at all if I were you...sure he looked bad in mop up duty, but when he was in keep in mind he had no name wr's that he was throwing to while he was in also(in the colorado game)...overall he didn't look good as a freshman, but I don't see why it would be a bad idea at all to take taylor out and use beck for mop up duty...why not? the more reps the better...keep in mind he still has another full season to progress, as after taylor graduates is when he will finally be the starter for us...no reason to get worked up if you ask me...

It's not like Beck ever played in front of 77K or went on the road and played against college athletes and a hostile crowd. I bet he was more nervous than a lost dog in China. Once he gets some quality reps and calms down and becomes comfortable with the offense Beck will be fine. Look how Taylor progressed last season. He started slow the first few weeks, but there weren't many better than him at the end of the season.

I think one of the best things about Beck is simply how good Taylor will be because of him. Having Beck on his tail will make Taylor work that much harder.

i understand all that and i agree but taylor has to be on top of his game by the time usc comes around so i dont know that i pull him from the first 2 which should be blowouts unless he has dominated and its on the right track with the team

Just think of how much worse it would be if we left him in during a blowout and he get's injured. Definitley not worth the risk. When you're beating someone pretty good you take out your starters not out of sportsmanship but to make sure that they don't get injured.

i understand all that and i agree but taylor has to be on top of his game by the time usc comes around so i dont know that i pull him from the first 2 which should be blowouts unless he has dominated and its on the right track with the team

There's an article in the omaha world herold today - Taylor said he's ready - It's a different mindset this year - He's not learning on the fly - He has the offense down. If the DEFENSE is as good as they should be - Beck should get some playing time. Remember last year they barely used the TE, this year they will - it will make a huge difference for taylor with his reads. They should be able to score some points, last year opponents didn't play honest that's why taylor was on his ASS all the time with a TE they have to keep someone back or they'll get BURNED- You can't blame the coaches - this offense works, it's up to the players to EXECUTE on the field. No LESS No MORE