Shatel: Excelling at basics is job one for '15

zoogs

There's a certain impatience and entitlement when we throw expectations on a guy that's been in Nebraska for 7 months now...

The last time we won a conference championship I was half my current age (I'm 30 for the non math folks). We're currently recruiting kids who were born that year. Nebraska has been banging its head against a glass ceiling for 15 years, so it's no wonder why the natives are restless..

I feel your pain. The problem with putting that pain into expectations of this staff is that this staff had nothing to do with that. They are taking over a program that hasn't won a conference championship in 15 years. The only thing that matters is how they move forward. We could have won one two years ago and that doesn't change.

• Fire 1

I'm not expecting miracles or an instant 10 win season (though I would be perfectly happy with that).

I'm more interested in seeing Nebraska be competitive in every game. Seeing the Huskers play good fundamental ball and have a fighter's chance at the end of every game. See an elimination of the mental mistakes that seemed to cost us throughout the last few years.

One thing I wanted that Coach Riley has already brought is that their is a definitely different vibe around the team (and fan base). Will be refreshing to see the team and coaches embrace the fans/alumni/university and have them return that as well.

More excited about this year than I've been in a long time due to Coach Riley.

• Fire 1