Predict the 2015 Season (Votes = Wins)

Predicted 2015 Win Total  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Select all the wins that apply.

My 2015 Prediction

W - vs BYU

W - vs South Alabama

L - @ Miami (FL)

W - vs Southern Miss

W - @ Illinois

W - vs Wisconsin

W - @ Minnesota

W - vs Northwestern

W - @ Purdue

L - vs Michigan State

W - @ Rutgers

W - vs Iowa

L - vs Ohio State (2015 B1G Championship)

W - Bowl Game

I voted the same way. I really hope we don't lose to Miami, but I am fearful of this game for whatever reason.

Why do so many Husker fans predict a loss to MSU? I did it too, but not sure why.

The all time series has us leading 7-2. Yes, they won the last two but only by an average of 9 points. Since we joined the B1G, we are 2-2 against them. The two games we won were by an average of 12.5 points.

I believe we are very similar to them in talent. We have been simply out coached the last two times we have played them. Evidence of this is last year. We came in that game and played like crap for most of the first three quarters. If it weren't for a miscommunication between receivers, we might have won that game in the end. Yeah yeah yeah....I know, MSU might have let up at the end. However, a MUCH more talented team along with better coaching doesn't almost lose a game like that in the end.

So, why do so many people believe MSU is an automatic loss? Is it simply a factor of their staff has been in place for a while and ours hasn't?

I think this game is going to be really interesting late in the season. Our players and staff will have had time to get on the same page and be much more familiar with each other. I predicted we would have 1 loss going into that game. If that's the case, we will also have confidence going into a home game. We very well might pull that one off.

I think we all just expect MSU to be pretty good this year. QB play will be great as well as their defense.

Also, we all kind of expect to drop a couple games this year. So the comfy pick is to lose to the top rated team on our schedule.

Honestly, there isn't a game on the season we couldn't win if the staff and players click automatically and the injury bug is kind to us.

But in reality there will be a few times where there is confusion between what we want to do and what we end up doing. The transition will be smoother than expected, but not perfect. That alone plus a couple key losses at important positions will be our biggest downfall this year.

I have a feeling we will see an improvment with the strength and conditioning staff at hand. I am hoping that translated to fewer injuries but there are some things you just can't prevent. I also hope that the new psychiatrist helps out with student athletes on the playing field.

Why do so many Husker fans predict a loss to MSU? I did it too, but not sure why.

The all time series has us leading 7-2. Yes, they won the last two but only by an average of 9 points. Since we joined the B1G, we are 2-2 against them. The two games we won were by an average of 12.5 points.

I believe we are very similar to them in talent. We have been simply out coached the last two times we have played them. Evidence of this is last year. We came in that game and played like crap for most of the first three quarters. If it weren't for a miscommunication between receivers, we might have won that game in the end. Yeah yeah yeah....I know, MSU might have let up at the end. However, a MUCH more talented team along with better coaching doesn't almost lose a game like that in the end.

So, why do so many people believe MSU is an automatic loss? Is it simply a factor of their staff has been in place for a while and ours hasn't?

I think this game is going to be really interesting late in the season. Our players and staff will have had time to get on the same page and be much more familiar with each other. I predicted we would have 1 loss going into that game. If that's the case, we will also have confidence going into a home game. We very well might pull that one off.

I think we all just expect MSU to be pretty good this year. QB play will be great as well as their defense.

Also, we all kind of expect to drop a couple games this year. So the comfy pick is to lose to the top rated team on our schedule.

Honestly, there isn't a game on the season we couldn't win if the staff and players click automatically and the injury bug is kind to us.

But in reality there will be a few times where there is confusion between what we want to do and what we end up doing. The transition will be smoother than expected, but not perfect. That alone plus a couple key losses at important positions will be our biggest downfall this year.

I have a feeling we will see an improvment with the strength and conditioning staff at hand. I am hoping that translated to fewer injuries but there are some things you just can't prevent. I also hope that the new psychiatrist helps out with student athletes on the playing field.

Being thin at LB almost promises we see a key player go down there. I think that ends up costing us a win.

Select all the wins that apply.

My 2015 Prediction

W - vs BYU

W - vs South Alabama

L - @ Miami (FL)

W - vs Southern Miss

W - @ Illinois

W - vs Wisconsin

W - @ Minnesota

W - vs Northwestern

W - @ Purdue

L - vs Michigan State

W - @ Rutgers

W - vs Iowa

L - vs Ohio State (2015 B1G Championship)

W - Bowl Game

I voted the same way. I really hope we don't lose to Miami, but I am fearful of this game for whatever reason.

Yeah, I just figured if we do end up dropping a game that we shouldn't, it would be early in the season.

I just don't see us losing the season opener vs. BYU or the conference opener @ Illinois, although both are certainly possible.

Miami just seems like a loss that we would be able to take and still achieve success at the end of the year.